Last week was our first week of the community, so it is only fitting that we also introduce our first community blog series: Community Happenings. Every Monday, we'll post a summary of what happened the previous week to keep you in the know. As the community grows, this post will be packed with more and more information. We're just getting started!
Hello and welcome to our newest, and first!, members of the community: Ayman Alghamdi, Francis Asselin, Tim Bigham, Alain Brouillette, Franklin Cabral, Randy Chamberlain, Michael DeMatteis, Justin Donovan, Omar Graterol, Allan Hull, Fred Jackson, Ron Landry, Roberto Mendoza, Jason Milliser, Scott Montgomery, Juan Ramos, Joe Salame, Rudy Soto, Andy Urquhart, Adam Wild, Wylie Arnett, Ryan Boulds, Hulon Lee, Junshan Li, Nam Tuan Nguyen and Roy Turner.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! Say hello and introduce yourself by telling us a bit about yourself.
Here's a brief overview of how the challenge works, but you can find additional information in Founding Member Challenge: 2016:
- Complete one of the following participating actions to be eligible for the first Ciena Community reward:
- Upload a profile picture
- Add a skill to your profile
- Complete your profile bio and title fields
- Reply to a discussion, question or another piece of content
- Complete the following contributing actions to be eligible for the second and third Ciena Community reward:
- Post a question, discussion or status update
Challenge ends 11:59 PM ET on June 30th.
The most popular content last week in the community was:
- Founding Member Challenge: 2016: If you haven't had a chance to learn about our current challenge and how you can get involved, check it out.
- What Ciena products do you currently use and how long have you been using them?: Join the community introduction thread and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you current use, your role and what you'd like to see or hear more of in the community. It's a great way to get to know other peers and start building connections. I look forward to meeting you!
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics: A handy guide to learn how the community is organized by product and topic.
- Setting Up Your Profile: A how-to resource in the About the Ciena Community forum with steps on how to update your profile so others can get to know you better. Another related resource that you may want to check out too is: Uploading or Choosing an Avatar.
As expected, we don't have open questions from last week, but going forward you'll find a summary of open questions here. Check back weekly to find a question where you can share your knowledge and expertise to help another member and collaborate with peers.
Have a question to ask? Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
Find all topics where you can ask a question in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
The Ciena Community is a great place to ask questions, but it's also a place to share your knowledge, feedback tips and best practices. By sharing what you've learned, you're helping your peers and building a resourceful knowledge base on Ciena products and services. To share your knowledge, go to your forum or find and select the product and click Share Knowledge.
Find more information in How to Share Your Tips & Best Practices.
That's it for our first Community Happenings post. If you have comments, ideas or suggestions on our weekly post, send them to email@example.com. Have a great week and keep networking!