I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend before we head into June tomorrow. Can you believe it’s already June? I can’t, but I’m look forward to all the things that come with summer: sun, vacations, baseball, friends and family, etc.
We’re glad you’re all here and look forward to hearing from you!
Our Founding Member Challenge: 2016 is still in full swing and we have new members that have completed the participating and contributing actions. Congratulations to you all:
Complete one of the following participating events to be eligible for the first Ciena Community reward:
- Upload a profile picture
- Add a skill to your profile
- Complete your profile bio and title fields
- Reply to a discussion, question or other piece of content (hint: introduce yourself to the community)
To be eligible for the next level of rewards, complete one of the following contributing events:
- Post a question, discussion or status update
Learn more at: Founding Member Challenge: 2016
Our most popular content last week was:
- Founding Member Challenge: 2016: For the second week in a row, this is our most viewed content. If you haven’t had a chance to learn about our current challenge and how you can join in, check it out and start participating and contributing.
- Setting Up Your Profile: A handy resource guide in the About the Ciena Community forum to help you update your profile. Another great resource is: Uploading or Choosing an Avatar.
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : Join the community introduction thread and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- ERP loop detection needed: Our first official question in the community (woo hoo!) brought to us from Jeremy. He’s look for helping using Z-Series and wondering if he should be turning on loop detection. Join the conversation and share your experiences to help.
- Blue Planet: Our fifth most popular content last week goes to the Blue Planet data sheet. It provides an overview of Blue Planet architecture and technical specifications. Check it out to learn more. You may also be interested in the new Blue Planet application note: Point/Counterpoint: Yang Versus Tosca.
We have one open question from last week - can you help answer it by sharing your experiences?
- Z33 uni or nni port for trunk from router to switch: Jeremy is trying to figure out the service and port to take a dot1q trunk into the z33 from a router and have it come out on another node on their ERP ring into a switch. Can you help?
Have a question? Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Have you checked out our Ready. Set. Go onboarding quest? Complete all of the actions in the quest and you’ll earn 100 points:
- Upload a profile photo (if you’ve uploaded a profile picture already, you’ll just need to upload another or a new one)
- Read Rules of Engagement
- Like another user’s content
- Introduce yourself
- Comment on another user’s content
- Ask a question or share a tip or best practice
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post. If you have any comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post, send to them firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great week and keep networking!