Happy Monday! I hope everyone is ready and excited for the new week. Here's one fun fact for today to kick if off: On this day in 1933, the first drive-in movie theater opened in Camden, New Jersey. Who has plans to go to a drive-in move theater this summer?
We look forward to hearing from all of you, welcome!
We're going into the fourth week of our Founding Member Challenge: 2016 and many of you have already completed the participation actions, but there is still plenty of time to complete the contributing actions or your first participation action and get involved. Learn how below and then find additional information, here.
Complete one of the following participating actions to be eligible for the first Ciena Community Reward:
- Uploading a profile picture (FAQ)
- Adding a skill to your profile (FAQ)
- Completing your profile bio and title fields (FAQ)
- Replying to a discussion or question (FAQ)
To be eligible for the next level of rewards, complete of the following contributing events:
- Ask a question (FAQ)
- Share a helpful product tip or best practice that you’ve learned in a recent training session or on the job in a forum(FAQ)
- Post a status update on what you’re working on right now, a favorite quote or a go to resource when on the job(FAQ)
Learn more in: Founding Member Challenge: 2016
Our most popular content last week was:
- Z33 uni or nni port for trunk from router to switch: Jeremy was trying to figure out the service and port to take a dot1q trunk into the Z33 from a router and have it come out on another note to their ERP ring into a switch. Check out the answer and join the conversation.
- ERP loop detection needed: Getting started with Z-Series and wondering if you should be turning on loop detection? Find out in this thread and join the conversation.
- Founding Member Challenge: 2016: If you haven’t had a chance to learn about our current challenge and how you can join in, check it out and see how you can start earning rewards.
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics: A handy guide to learn how the community is structured and find the forum(s) most important to you by topic or product. Find your fourm.
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : Join the community introduction thread and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
Ask your product questions and collaborate and learn with your peers. Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Put a face to your name by uploading a profile picture! Take the first step in completing your profile and building reputation in the community by uploading a profile picture and making it your avatar. Learn how in this guide: Uploading or Choosing an Avatar
That's it for this Community Happenings post. Have a great week and keep networking!
If you have any comments, news, ideas or suggestions you'd like share, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.