Happy Monday and welcome to the new week and a summary of the happenings in the Ciena Community last week. But, we'll first kick it off with another fun fact... The summer is the peak season for amusement parks and you can't help but think of roller coasters and amusement parks together, but did you know that the first roller coaster in America opened on June 16, 1884. It opened at Coney Island, in Brooklyn, New York, traveled six miles per hour and cost a nickel to ride. What is your most memorable roller coaster experience?
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community: Eyle Brinkhuis, Antonio Bongiorno, AMER NADEEM, Brian Nagel, Bob Krautner, Brent White, Cypryan Klish II, Dana Forsythe, Frederick Valcho, Jim Gerrity, John Holoman, Michael Milbrat, Miroslav Mitev, PHIL CARROLL, Robin Webb, samy zemmouri. Sundeep Grewal, theresa caragol, Timothy Smith, Chandrasekhar Viswanathan, Dan Sproats, Gareth Spence, Mike Sideris, Brett Newman and Chris Woodley.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing form you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to introduce yourself.
We're still focusing on our current challenge:Founding Member Challenge: 2016 as more members are continuing to
complete their participating and contributing actions. For those that haven't yet, there is still plenty of time to get involved and complete yours. Learn how below.
Complete one of the following participating actions to be eligible for the first Ciena Community Reward:
- Uploading a profile picture (FAQ)
- Adding a skill to your profile (FAQ)
- Completing your profile bio and title fields (FAQ)
- Replying to a discussion or question (FAQ)
To be eligible for the next level of rewards, complete of the following contributing events:
- Ask a question (FAQ)
- Share a helpful product tip or best practice that you’ve learned in a recent training session or on the job in a forum (FAQ)
- Post a status update on what you’re working on right now, a favorite quote or a go to resource when on the job(FAQ)
Learn more in: Founding Member Challenge: 2016
This week we're giving a shout out to Bob Krautner for being the first member to complete the community onboarding quest: Ready. Set. Go. Congratulations Bob!
Learn how you can complete this quest and earn community rewards in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. Did you know that when you reach the 10th level, MiB/s, of the Ciena Community Leaderboard you'll receive a Ciena Community Laptop Sleeve? It's true, you will.
The most popular content last week was...
- Number of VCs configured on a 5150: Bob is looking for a simple command to determine the number of VCs configured on a 5150. Can you help?
- Founding Member Challenge: 2016: If you haven’t had a chance to learn about our current challenge and how you can join in, check it out and start participating and contributing.
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : Join the community introduction thread and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics: A handy guide to learn how the community is structured and find the forum(s) most important to you by topic or product. Find your forum.
- Setting Up Your Profile: A handy resource guide in the About the Ciena Community forum to help you update your profile. Another great resource is: Uploading or Choosing an Avatar.
We have two opportunities for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers:
- Number of VCs configured on a 5150
- I would be interested in hearing from end-users of Carrier Ethernet services - Any provider, any service. Tell us how it works for you. What challenges and benefits do you see?
Ask your product questions to collaborate and learn with your peers. Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
The Ciena Community Rules of Engagement are guidelines for the behaviors and activities that we encourage and discourage in the community to guarantee that the community remains a place where we can all ask, share, develop and connect together. We request that all members follow these guidelines and read them at: Rules of Engagement.
The Ciena Community is your community too, so if you have any questions or recommendations, please let us know by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting a comment to the guidelines.
Tip: Logging in and reading the Rules of Engagement will complete one action in the Ready. Set. Go quest!
That's it for this Ciena Community Happenings post. Have a great week and keep networking!
If you have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including fun facts), send them to email@example.com.