I hope everyone had a great week and an even better weekend! Here are a few highlights from last week to catch you up. But, first our fun fact for the week... The movie, Jaws, was released on this day (June 20th) in 1975. It's still making viewers afraid to go into the water today, but did you know that the film was nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Picture category and took home three Oscars for Best Film Editing, Best Original Score and Best Sound? I'm sure many of us will likely see this movie as option when scrolling through channels this week - or maybe even as an option at a drive-in movie theater.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing form you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello and share what Ciena products you currently use and other fun facts about yourself (favorite color, vacation spot, sport team, etc.).
We're going into the final stretch of the Founding Member Challenge: 2016 and last week more members completed their
participation and contribution actions, but there is still time for you to get involved for a chance to win community rewards. Learn how below, but you can find additional information in Founding Member Challenge: 2016.
Complete one of the following participating actions to be eligible for the first Ciena Community Reward:
- Uploading a profile picture (FAQ)
- Adding a skill to your profile (FAQ)
- Completing your profile bio and title fields (FAQ)
- Replying to a discussion or question (FAQ)
To be eligible for the next level of rewards, complete one of the following contributing actions:
- Ask a question (FAQ)
- Share a helpful product tip or best practice that you’ve learned in a recent training session or on the job in a forum (FAQ)
- Post a status update on what you’re working on right now, a favorite quote or a go to resource when on the job (FAQ)
Learn more in: Founding Member Challenge: 2016
What are you currently working on this week? Share it through a status update and you may connect with members working on similar projects, past or present, that can help. It'll also complete your contributing actions for the Founding Member Challenge: 2016 for a chance to win an Amazon Echo (hint, hint!).
The most popular content across the Ciena Community last week was:
- Number of VCs configured on a 5150: Our most popular piece of content for the second week. Bob is looking for a simple command to determine the number of VCs configured on a 5150. Can you help?
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : Join the community introduction thread to meet other members and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics: A handy guide to learn how the community is structured and find the forum(s) most important to you by topic or product. Find your forum.
- Founding Member Challenge: 2016: For the second week in a row, this is our most viewed content. If you haven’t had a chance to learn about our current challenge and how you can join in, check it out and start participating and contributing.
- Setting Up Your Profile: A handy resource guide in the About the Ciena Community forum to help you update your profile. Another great resource is: Uploading a Profile Picture & Choosing an Avatar.
What content would you like to see more of in the Ciena Community (product documentation alerts, troubleshooting tips, etc.)? Share with us by posting a comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask your product questions to collaborate and learn with your peers. Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums.
Like content so others know it’s useful and as a way to say communicate that you’ve read the content and find it valuable to the author. To like a piece of content, such as question, discussion, document or comment and reply, click the thumbs up icon or the word: Like. As you like the content, the counter increments by one and the person that posted the content will receive a notification in their Inbox of the Latest Acclaim to their community contributions.
To see who else has liked content in the community, select the counter to view a list of others that liked the content.
This is the third action to complete the Ciena Community onboarding quest: Ready. Set. Go. To view tips on completing the first two, check out:
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week. Have a great week and keep networking!
If you have any comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact), send to them email@example.com.