We're a day late for Community Happenings due to many of us taking time for celebrations, but we're back and ready to get you caught up on last week's happenings. This week's fun fact I have to share because I'm a fan of this team and I did not know this happened today, in 1921... Did you know that on this day in 1921 that the Chicago White Sox were accused of throwing the World Series? After Judge Hugo Friend denied a motion to overturn the indictments against the MLB players accused of throwing the 1919 World Series, a trial began with jury selection on this day.
What teams and / or sports are you fan?
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you say hello.
Our Founding Member Challenge: 2016 has come to a close and winners will be notified via direct message beginning today. Stay tuned for an update announcing our winners, but in the meantime, we welcome all of you to continue participating and contributing by asking questions, sharing tips and best practices and last but not least, putting a face to your name and uploading a profile picture.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- Founding Member Challenge: 2016: We’ll be updating this shortly to list all of the winners.
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : Join the community introduction thread to meet other members and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?: It has been suggested to Maurice that he replace the MIC card on one of his 6500 units, but he’s looking for help in locating it. Can you help him?
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics: A handy guide to learn how the community is structured and find the forum(s) most important to you by topic or product. Find your forum.
- I would be interested in hearing from end-users of Carrier Ethernet services - any provider, any service. Tell us how it works for you. What challenges and benefits do you see?: John, a member of the Ciena team, is interested in hearing from you how it delivers in terms of the benefits touted by Carrier Ethernet. Share your thoughts and experience with John.
- What content would you like to see more of in the Ciena Community?: One of our main goals in the Ciena Community is to build a knowledge base, so we’d love to hear from you on the type of product content most important to you. Join our feature poll and let us know.
We have a new opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team:
Ask your product questions to collaborate and learn with your peers. Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums.
This week’s action in our Ready. Set. Go quest is commenting on a piece of content. As a member, you have the ability to comment on all content within the community to share your knowledge, expertise, feedback, ideas, questions and more. It provides the ability to help peers in finding solutions and helps us, Ciena, learn from you to improve our content, processes, products and more. To post a comment, you’ll select Comment in the upper right corner of the piece of content or select the Add a comment button just below the content. A text box will open where you can type your comment and once it is ready, you’ll just select the Add Comment button. Your comment will now appear and the author of the post will be notified to read and respond.
- Practical Application for ITS BER Test Options
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- What content would you like to see more of in the Ciena Community?
- I would be interested in hearing from end-users of Carrier Ethernet services - Any provider, any service. Tell us how it works for you. What challenges and benefits do you see?
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.