I hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great start to their week. Before we dive into last week's community happenings, here is your fun fact for the week… Did you know that this Wednesday, July 13th that first-ever World Cup football matches were held in Montevideo, Uruguay in 1930? In the first World Cup matches, France defeated Mexico 4 - 1 and the United States defeated Belgium 3 - 0. Today, The World Cup has become the world’s most watched sporting event reaching 3.2 billion globally for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - one billion alone tuned in to watch the final.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you say hello.
- Our Founding Member Challenge: 2016 challenge ended on June 30th and we'll soon be announcing the winners, so stay tuned and join us in congratulating them.
- We're excited about the introduction of the new developer forum: Blue Planet DevOps Exchange. You can more about it and joining at Blue Planet.
- We're also trilled to introduce you to our new Ciena Community Community Manager, Margarita Giraldo. You'll be seeing her more and and more over the next few weeks and will get an official introduction from her in next week's Community Happening. Please just us in welcoming, Jen.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find the tip on the last action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Your most popular content for last week was:
- I would be interested in hearing from end-users of Carrier Ethernet services - any provider, any service. Tell us how it works for you. What challenges and benefits do you see?: John, a member of the Ciena team, is interested in hearing from you how it delivers in terms of the benefits touted by Carrier Ethernet. Share your thoughts and experience with John.
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?: It has been suggested to Maurice that he replace the MIC card on one of his 6500 units, but he’s looking for help in locating it. Can you help him?
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? : Join the community introduction thread to meet other members and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics: A handy guide to learn how the community is structured and find the forum(s) most important to you by topic or product. Find your forum.
- Practical Application for ITS BER Test Options: Marc is interested in learning from you why injecting a BER test is useful compared to sending a clean signal. Share with him why it's more useful to you.
- Bonus! What content would you like to see more of in the Ciena Community?: One of our main goals in the Ciena Community is to build a knowledge base, so we’d love to hear from you on the type of product content most important to you. Join our feature poll and let us know.
Ask your product questions to collaborate and learn with your peers. Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums.
Our last community tip for completing the Ready. Set. Go quest is all about creating a discussion or question. Questions in our product and developer forums are a great way to get help on an issue, learn more about a feature, or prepare for an upcoming project and typically have one correct answer. While, discussions are a great way to share your tips, best practices, experiences and feedback with other members of the community and Ciena. Discussions are also created in product and developer forums, but they don’t typically a solution or correct answer as other members will be sharing their opinions, similar experiences, questions or thanks.
Here are related resources in the community to help you learn how to ask a question, share tips and best practices and more:
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.