This is my introductory post - as Heather Ausmus said in an earlier post, I'm Jen Callahan, and I'll be covering for her for the next few months while she is on leave. I'm very excited to be a part of this community and invite all of you to reach out to me with any questions.
Just in time for the Olympics! Today's fun fact is that on this day in 1976, Nadia Comăneci becomes the first person in Olympic Games history to score a perfect 10 in gymnastics at the 1976 Summer Olympics. A little Olympic spirit goes a long way on a Monday!
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community!
Meet Carlos Alcantar, Pierre AUBRY, Alan Deasy, Dean Campbell, Chelsi Doyle, Todd Fatheree, Catherine Fellner, Sean Finlay ,John Fullam Tom Harris Gregory Kolaronda Lonnie Leger, Lee Maglione Gary Mumphrey, Toru Nyuta, Jun OSAKI, Mike Steinmetz Philip Stott
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you say hello.
The winners of our Founding Member Challenge: 2016 have been announced in Our Founding Member Challenge: 2016 Winners. Please join in congratulating all of our winners! Prizes have been shipped and everyone should be receiving them very shortly.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? As we welcome our newest members, please feel free to share your favorites.
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Number of VCs configured on a 5150
We have a new opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team:
Ask your product questions to collaborate and learn with your peers. Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums.
This week we want to focus on answering questions. When you ask a question, you'll be getting response from colleagues and SMEs alike. What's even more helpful to the community is marking the answer as correct. Why? Because if this community is to become a warehouse of knowledge for all things Ciena, people need to know if the information contained within it is accurate. If a comment on a discussion thread is marked "Helpful," people know they can use that knowledge. If people see a response marked "Correct" they know the information is solid. Learn more about how to comment in this About the Ciena Community guide: Receive an answer to your question? Mark it as Correct or Helpful .
Here are a few posts that you could join to complete this action:
- Practical Application for ITS BER Test Options
- What Ciena products do you currently use and how long have you been using them?
- What content would you like to see more of in the Ciena Community?
- I would be interested in hearing from end-users of Carrier Ethernet services - Any provider, any service. Tell us how it works for you. What challenges and benefits do you see?
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.