I hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great start to their week. Before we dive into last week's community happenings, here's this week's fun fact: anyone who's into stargazing this fun fact is for you! On this day in 1981, Voyager 2 encountered Saturn - and to think we just started getting pictures from Jupiter in the last week or so. Amazing!
It's been a busy week in the Ciena community, which is always great news. There has definitely been an increase in questions and replies, which is great to see - keep up the good work, everyone!
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community!
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
We want to thank all of those who participated in the Founding Member Challenge and completed all of the actions. You'll see the list of all those who qualified as a Founding Member on the bottom of Founding Member Challenge: 2016. Feel free to share your newly found expertise with the newest members as they're onboarding.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS? Mike Sideris is asking for help on configuring traffic profiling - can you help him?
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? Join the community introduction thread to meet other members and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- WSS upgrade port - This question from Junshan Li was answered correctly by Helen Xenos. Well done Helen! If anyone else has a similar question about WSS upgrade ports, please see Helen's response here.
- How to interpret LED for speed on 3930 This is a question from Todd Fatheree on LED interpreting. Share your experiences.
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics lists out the different Ciena products and where to ask questions. Check it out here.
We have three opportunities for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team:
- Orchestrate resources that should never be terminated
- What might cause this error on the 8700
- The specified item was not found.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is all about managing your inbox. The Ciena Community Inbox is all around YOU. It is where all of the activity you've published and participated on resides. In addition, it also includes shares, direct social actions and action notifications pertinent to you.
Find more tips and topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.