Happy Monday and welcome to the first day of August! Even though we're in the dog days of summer, I hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great start to their week. Before we dive into last week's community happenings, here's this week's fun fact: on this day in 1960, Chubby Checkers released the hit song "The Twist," starting a summer dance craze.
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community!
Meet Charlie Ashton, Sanjay Bhatia, Peter Cautley,Meng Chhour, sylvain cornay, Joshua Elkington, David Gee, Lorcan Hamill, Alon Kantor, Allan Konar, Rupert Kruger, Brent Lloyd, Kaela Loffler, Miguel Lopes, David Lott, Kyle Mitchell, Skip Norton, Evan Parker, Mikhail Potapenko, Gennady Potapkov, Gordon Rouleau, Robin Swart, Ana Tizon and Jonathan Zarkower
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
As mentioned in the system announcement earlier this week, there was a software update to the Ciena community this weekend. You may notice some additions to your profile, including insights (under More on your profile). This gives you metrics on the impact of your contribution and content creation within the community. There are other UX/UI updates, as well. We'll be reviewing and updating the user documentation, if necessary, to reflect the updates
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS? This has been a pretty active discussion. Mike Sideris is asking for help on configuring traffic profiling - can you help him?
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? Join the community introduction thread to meet other members and share a little about yourself, such as what Ciena products you currently use, your current role and how the Ciena Community can help you address challenges you’re currently facing. I look forward to meeting you!
- What might cause this error on the 8700 - this has been marked as correct by Tafari Shambe which is exactly what we like to see. Well done Tafari! Read more about it here.
- How to interpret LED for speed on 3930 This is a question from Todd Fatheree on LED interpreting. Share your experiences.
- What are the limits on the number of nodes in an erp ring? Does the number of add/drop ports affect this number? Mark Bowman is looking for some input on how add/drop ports impact the number of nodes in an erp ring. Have any insight? Feel free to contribute.
We have a new opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team:
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about following people and connecting with other members of the community. When you find other members in the community whose activity is of interest, you can choose to “Follow” that person. The act of following a user who is also following you makes them one of your connections.
Find more tips and topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.