Happy Monday! We hope that everyone had a relaxing and fun weekend and ready for another exciting week in the Ciena Community. Speaking of international communities, on this 8th day of August, President Harry S. Truman signs the United Nations Charter and the United States becomes the first nation to complete the ratification process and join the new international organization.
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community!
Meet Stephen Cardot, Clarence Drennon, John Eckl, Mohan Gowda, Dan Heath, Karen Jenkins, Doug Johnson, Prem Kumar, David Lott, MIke Miracle, Michael Moore Yasuhiko Ogata, Andrew Osmond Evan Parker, Daniel Pina, Bob Rodio, Takanori Sato Jensen Tyler Ashish Kumar Tripathi and ryosuke yamabuki .
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
As our community grows, we're looking to our community members to help us curate our knowledgebase. And one of the ways we need your help is by marking replies to questions as correct or helpful. I'll be reaching out individually to those who asked questions to make sure we can resolve any questions. We want to make sure the right information is getting out there to you as quickly as possible. Please contact Margarita Giraldo with any questions.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS? This question from Mike Sideris has been very active with a lot of contributors to the conversation. Thanks to Jeff Norman, Jeff Groom, Raghuraman Ranganathan (Office of CTO), Frederick Valcho, Nitin Kalra for helping to answer Mike's question. Mike, please feel free to mark any of these very helpful responses correct.
- Roberto Mendoza was asking about Site Manager Software for 6500 Packet-Optical Platform and if there is anything to download. Looks like 6500 expert Helen Xenos had the answer, thank you and check it out here !
- What are the limits on the number of nodes in an erp ring? Does the number of add/drop ports affect this number? by Mark Bowman is another busy discussion with contributions from Helen Xenos David Lott and most recently by Aaron Clarke. Want to join the conversation?
- In case you missed our great Carrier Ethernet webinar series, the recordings are linked here in the Best Summer Camp EVER Concludes. Take a listen! And thanks to John Hawkins for posting
- A quick tutorial from Nitin Kalra on the Secret of VC Statistics Tx/Rx counters should answer any questions you have about VC stats. Have any follow up questions for Nitin? Join the discussion here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team:
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about managing your privacy and profile within the community. Privacy settings allow you to control what profile information is visible to other members of the Ciena Community.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.