Happy Monday! We're midway through August today, and if you're in the American South like I am, it truly feels like the dog days of summer. Phew-I'm ready for fall! For this week's fun fact, I'm happy to share that on this day in 1914, the Panama Canal opened, creating a gateway from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. Ingenuity at its finest!
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community!
Meet Samuel Bartel, Alfred H. G. Dahl, Maud D'Agostini, Shashidhar HP, Thomas Kastner, Jeroen Krosse, Jean Philippe Krysaniac, Alfredo Lopez, paul parhum, Alan Skilowitz, Eric van Vliet, Michael Voity
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
One of our goals for this community is to encourage members to contribute -whether it's by sharing content or commenting or creating a question or document. Nitin Kalra started sharing some productivity and work tool tips (click here) in the About the Ciena Community forum. Feel free to add your comments or create your own tips - we welcome your expertise! Please contact Margarita Giraldo with any questions.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- Our ever popular discussion on Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? As new members join, we're encouraging you to introduce yourself and share your experiences with Ciena products in this forum.
- Thanks again to Helen Xenos for answering Roberto Mendoza in Site Manager Software for 6500 Packet-Optical Platform . If you're looking for the correct software for the site manager to use, read Helen's response here.
- Micro Nugget: About Microsoft OneNote 2010 - a new post from Nitin Kalra, who is sharing his tips in About the Ciena Community. Have a tip to share? Add yours!
- We're pleased to mention that the Community Happenings: Week Ending 8/5 was a hit this week. Thanks for the views! Did we leave anything out? Liked what you read? Leave a comment and tell us what you think!
- One of our tips How to Register had more traffic this week, which is great news! Your profile is your calling card in this community, so making it as complete as possible is best practice for this kind of forum. Read more about managing your profile!
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team:Network Diagramming from Brett Newman regarding Visio stencils for Ciena. Respond here if you have any information.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about bookmarking content within the community. When you see a piece of content, such as a document or an answered question, that you know you’ll want to use later, you can bookmark it. Bookmarking adds a link to that content in your list of bookmarks. It’s easy to find the content again by using search or going to your bookmark’s page.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.