Welcome to another week in the Ciena community! Last week was another busy week here, and we'd love to hear from our members about their experiences. Speaking of community building, it was on this day in 1864, that the International Red Cross was founded.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community!
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
Just a reminder that when you ask a question, and a person offers a correct reply, please make sure to mark that reply as "correct" or "helpful". As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Another shout out to Nitin Kalra who started sharing some productivity and work tool tips (click here) in the About the Ciena Community forum. Feel free to add your comments or create your own tips - we welcome your expertise!
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS? popped towards the top of the list, showing that a question that's been answered (and by so many!) is important to the community. Thanks again to Jeff GroomNitin Kalra Jeff NormanRaghuraman Ranganathan (Office of CTO) Frederick Valcho for sharing this important information. Check out the conversation here.
- The Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics is a great introduction to the various forums in the community. See if you missed anything.
- A few more intro replies were added to the Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? Let's make sure to welcome the new arrivals - stop by and say hi!
- Another successful question and answer session in What are the limits on the number of nodes in an erp ring? Does the number of add/drop ports affect this number? Thanks again to Aaron Clarke David Lott and Helen Xenos for their contributions!
- Another discussion thread with a correct answer in it by Jeff Norman 5160 Advanced Security License error. If you have the same question, ask away!
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: How to execute an RA "command" via REST - prior to onbording (no BP) from Barb Sinnott. Respond here if you have any information.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about tagging content within the community. Tags are keywords/phrases that you and others assign to content to make it easier to find when you search or filter for it. You can add tags to all content you create as well as any place you manage to improve the ability for search to find it.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.