Happy Tuesday! I know we usually do these on Mondays, but I delayed this due to the holiday weekend in the US and Canada. For today's fun fact, I learned that on September 6, 1522, one of the ships under Spanish explorer Ferdinand Magellan's command, came home to Spain three years after it left to circumnavigate the globe. These kind of amazing feats long ago are inspirational after a long holiday weekend.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community!
Meet Anton Basil, Przemyslaw Grygiel, Chris Gullion, Kevin Hatem, Donald Hayward, Mischa Jampolsky, klaus Samardzic and Alexandre Seitz. We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
Just a reminder that when you ask a question, and a person offers a correct reply, please make sure to mark that reply as "correct" or "helpful". As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- Network Diagramming by Brett Newman is on top this week, asking about network documentation tasks. Have any comments to add? Please share here.
- Instructions to migrate/export Login Profiles from one PC to another are listed here in the Site Manager login profiles discussion thread started by Junshan Li. Helen Xenos kindly answered the questions. Read the instructions here.
- How to set Actual Cooling Capacity to High Flow from Low Flow in Ciena 6500 14 Slot node that have XC 1200G Pkt/OTN type 2 ckt pack, Will it cause Provisioning Incompitable to XC card was another hot topic this week. Thanks to Govind Narayan Rathore for posting, and thanks again to Helen Xenos for responding! Add your comments to the post.
- The Walkthrough: Create a CLI-based Resource Adapter in Blue Planet DevOps Exchange gained more traffic this week. If you want to learn more, stop by for a look.
- And whether you just joined our community, or have been here from the beginning, the Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics was very busy as more people are exploring the community. See for yourself!
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question regarding OneControl OSX from Michael Voity . Respond here if you have any information.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about sharing your knowledge within the community. Share your knowledge and expertise and help other members learn, explore and do their job better and easier… It also will help when you’re ready to ask a question as other members will know you and will reciprocate by helping answer your question, if they can.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.