Hello fellow community members! Hope everyone had a refreshing and relaxing weekend. There are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Isaac Christoffersen, Steve Gable, Tony Gates, Brian Hadnot, Johan Henæs, Ryan Ketner, Leonard Liao, Kevin Levesque, Taylor Mashburn, Brian Matt, Michael Milan, Rob Moore, Takefumi Nishimura, David Purkey Klaus Samardžić, Fraser Street, Darren White and Brandon Whitlatch.
A back-to-school educational webinar is available for those who wish to learn more about the 6500. The webinar series starts Tuesday, September 20, and runs through the following Thursday, September 29. If you wish to register, start here. Helen Xenos posted some additional details in New Optical Technologies - Explained by Ciena experts. Read more here.
Another reminder to please remember to make sure to mark a reply as "correct" or "helpful," when you ask a question, and a person offers a correct reply. As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- A question was asked by Colin Jones in regards to using a live feed to stream content from the community. We couldn't come up with a resolution for Colin, but if anyone else wants to help, please comment in the thread here.
- Our poll What do you think of the community? Share with us! is looking for feedback on your experiences in the community. Please vote here. We want to hear from you!
- Loukmane BahYari asked about an AC battery backup for Ciena 5142 switchRespond here if you have any information to add.
- A new video on Troubleshooting Ciena PinPoint is available in 6500. Want to learn more? Watch it here.
- More new members have posted in the Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? People are sharing their Ciena stories. Share your experiences here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question regarding Unknown process using 50% CPU by Mike Sideris. Can you help? Add your comments here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about sharing in the community. If you share your knowledge and expertise and help other members learn, explore and do their job better and easier. It also will help when you’re ready to ask a question as other members will know you and will reciprocate by helping answer your question, if they can.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.