Hello fellow community members! Hope everyone had a refreshing and relaxing weekend. There are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Lance Allison, Raj Gautam, 将史 原田 (Masashi Harada) Joonhee Lee, Eric Pouyoul, Brian Shaffer, David Stockdale, Jayvie Suriaga and Masahiro Yamamoto
In case you didn't notice, we did a little freshening up of the community. It's part of a larger "people first" theme that was also applied to Ciena's corporate website and other collateral. Tell us what you think about it in the comments of this blogpost.
Just a reminder that there's is still time to attend the back-to-school educational webinar, which is available for those who wish to learn more about the 6500. The webinar series starts Tuesday, September 20, and runs through the following Thursday, September 29. If you wish to register, start here. Helen Xenos posted some additional details in New Optical Technologies - Explained by Ciena experts. Read more here.
Have you marked a reply as "correct" or "helpful," lately? As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- Our top conversation is one where we already have a couple of responses regarding a question on Unknown process using 50% CPU by Mike Sideris. (Don't forget to mark replies as correct or helpful, Mike ) Anyone else have anything to share? Add your comments here.
- In Packet Networking we have a discussion on Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations by Jitendra Sharma. Do you have any thoughts on this? Share your experiences here.
- A shameless plug (though I guess it doesn't really need it since it was in the top 3!) for last week's blogpost Community Happenings: Week Ending 9/16. Glad you took the time to read it. Add your comments and tell us what you think about it here.
- An oldie but a goodie popped back into the top 4 - Ciena Community Founding Members. If you missed it the first time around, check out where it all began here.
- A post by Helen Xenos on the schedule for the ongoing Back-to-School webinar series is discussed in New Optical Technologies - Explained by Ciena experts . Need more information? Learn more here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by Mike Sideris regarding OneControl OSX in Network Management and Planning. Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about following people, places and content in the Ciena Community. The act of following in the community allows you to choose to get notification about news that is most important to you.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.