Hello fellow community members! Hope everyone had a refreshing and relaxing weekend. For those of us in the northern hemisphere, fall is in full swing, and after a scorcher of a summer, it's refreshingly cooler now and I'm loving it! That being said, there are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Sergey Afanasiev, Brett Dwyer, Kyle Hanson, Mike Keim, Bhalaji Kumar, Richard Lennon, chet myers, Jeff Neuffer, Raghunandan Ramesha, Kevin Schaefer, Johan Shane, Scott steele, Michael Ulrich and William Vaughn. We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
There has definitely been an uptick in questions lately which is great to see! Don't forget to mark a reply as "correct" or "helpful." As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found.The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- Jitendra Sharma shares his knowledge on maximum throughput for Q-in-Q service in his Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations. Learn more in the discussion thread here.
- A new member to the top 5 is from Fady Masoud. He shared Ciena’s Emulation Cloud Release 16.09 achieved the GA milestone. See what else he mentions in this discussion thread.
- On Ethernet loopback cabling, Frederick Valcho is looking for the correct cable configuration. If you can help, please respond in this thread.
- More people are introducing themselves in the Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? . Meet more community members by reading the thread here
- A question from Govind Narayan Rathore regarding How to set Actual Cooling Capacity to High Flow from Low Flow in Ciena 6500 14 Slot node that have XC 1200G Pkt/OTN type 2 ckt pack, Will it cause Provisioning Incompitable to XC card was answered correctly by Helen Xenos. See how she responded here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by Glen Monette about OM3500 Packet Edge Config. Have any ideas? Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is to read the Ciena Community's answering a question. All registered members of the Ciena Community can comment on all questions to help another member or share that they have the same question and are interested in learn more too.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.