Hello fellow community members, and Happy Halloween to those who celebrate! I know I'm looking forward to diving into some candy after work this evening, and hope everyone has a safe and happy Monday. That being said, there are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Edward Brock, Joel Davis, Scott Densmore, Md. Shefaul Karim, Janardhan K, Joe Nava, Neil Nighbert, Cory Sawyer, John Tinney, andRick Trujillo. We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
There has definitely been an uptick in questions lately which is great to see! Don't forget to mark a reply as "correct" or "helpful." As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- For the 3rd week in a row, Jitendra Sharma's post on Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput got the most views. Learn more in this thread here as Jitendra shares his knowledge on maximum throughput for Q-in-Q service.
- The #2 post this week is from Joe Nava, who asked What does the TID acronym stand for? Thanks to Helen Xenos and Larry Ross for helping out Joe. Read more of the thread here.
- Rajeshkumar Balasubramani asked what is exact purpose of the Wayside channel in the OSC circuit pack? Thanks to Jahidur Rahman for answering. Leave your comment or learn more here.
- Stacey Conliffe's post shared how Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course. To get more information, head to the post here.
- This Micro Nugget: How Ciena packet device detects tagged frame on UNI from Nitin Kalra popped back into the lineup. For more tips or to add yours, see this post.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by Michael McClure on How can I get a list of all resource activity in the last 5 minutes?. Can you help? Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about answering questions in the Ciena Community. All registered members of the Ciena Community can comment on all questions to help another member or share that they have the same question and are interested in learn more too..
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.