Hello fellow community members! Hopefully, everyone had a safe and restful weekend. Last Friday was Veterans Day in the US and we want to remember and thank those who served. That being said, there are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Dave Anderson Jigar Chheda Ratko Kovacina Joey Levi and Glenn Stern. We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
There has definitely been an uptick in questions lately which is great to see! Don't forget to mark a reply as "correct" or "helpful." As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- The post from Jitendra Sharma about Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations moved up on our list. Read more here.
- There's a new question from Rajeshkumar Balasubramani regarding what is exact purpose of the Wayside channel in the OSC circuit pack? Share your thoughts and learn the answers here.
- An earlier question regarding Site Manager Software for 6500 Packet-Optical Platform from Roberto Mendoza was responded to by Helen Xenos and marked correct. Head here to read the answer.
- A new question from Austin Carr regarding OOBM in the same subnet as IBM? To see the results, check out the reply.
- Another new question from Austin Carr regarding In what soft. version did the need to reserve VLANs for a VS go away? See the response or add your comments here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by Pankaj Kumar on How differ 6200 from 3930? Both install at BCL sites Can you help? Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about privacy within the Ciena Community. Privacy settings allow you to control what profile information is visible to other members of the Ciena Community.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.