Can you believe it's December? I can't. This year, I moved from Wisconsin to Maryland and the weather is throwing me off a little. It just doesn't seem like December without temperatures in the teens or snow (the first snowfall in Milwaukee was yesterday).
Did you know that today, December 5th, is International Ninja Day? Yes, that's right, it's a day to celebrate our skilled telecommunication experts, so... Happy International Ninja Day to all of you!!
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Welcome: Steven Casewell, Jack Fenton, Anthony Grelet, Arun Harcharan, Kevin Houston, HyunYoung Hwang, Didier Le Meur, Wilson Li, Rich Ortiz, Martial Prevost, Jonathan Rivera, Sabithali Tharammal, Mina Wagdy, and Mark Yawson. Abdul Wahab Ameth
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
- Check out the new article on Ciena Insights: How to hack an optic fiber in minutes... and how you can secure it. Whether supporting time-critical financial transactions, sensitive healthcare record storage, secure government communications, or simply wireless voice connections, today’s networking infrastructure operates in an environment of ever-increasing threats. Securing data and the network is now more important than ever.
- Learn more about our newest release, WaveLogic Ai in Introducing WaveLogic Ai and WaveLogic Ai: A foundational element of the self-driving network.
Drum roll, please! Here are last week’s most viewed blogs, resources, discussions and questions from the around the community:
- Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course: Learn how you can get the most out of your 6500 with an overview of the basics (shelves, circuit packs, topologies and much more). Learn how to sign up.
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums: A quick guide to all of the forums in the Ciena Community to help you find where to ask questions, connect with peers and learn from product experts. Find your forum and follow it.
- How to initialize 6500 node database?: Junshan Li was looking to use a command line or site manager to restore the node to factory setting in one go vs. deleting all services. Check out the thread to join the conversation or find the answer.
- Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations: A Packet Networking resource from Jitendra Sharma to help you better understand packet rate, throughput and bandwidth calculations on Ethernet links related to testing. Check it out and share your feedback and questions.
- Looking for a document with approved optics for the Z33 platform.: Learn more about the approved optics for Z33 in this thread.
We have the opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team in the following open questions:
- eAccess ENNI config: Can you help configure a 6x device to an ENNI in an eAccess circuit? Join the conversation to share your experiences.
Have questions? Here are few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Have the same question that’s been asked in the community and want to stay informed on the responses and solution? Well, there is a way to do that in the Ciena Community. As you read new questions and come across one that is something you’ve always wanted to know or just curious on the solution as a learning opportunity, select the “I also have this question” button in the lower left corner of the question. By selecting this button, you’ve indicated that you want to receive notifications when new comments are posted. Learn more in: Have the same question? Tell us.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. I hope all of you ninjas have a great week. Keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.