Happy Monday!! How is everyone after yesterday's history-making Super Bowl game? Super Bowl LI is the first Super Bowl in history to go into overtime. While the numbers are being calculated for this years game, here are a few stats on how people sounded off about last year's game online, which was watched by more than 111.9 millions viewers in the US:
- 80% of viewers took to social media
- 3.8 million unique authors sent 16.9 million tweets
- 73% of viewers used their smartphone
Now, here's an overview of what happened last week, just in case you missed it.
Hello and welcome to our newest members of the community. Welcome: Hideki Nakajima, Don Barclay, David Barnard, Laurent Beaubiat, Hein Bezuidenhout, Tom Burke, 岳志 細谷, Romain Cajina, Tom DeKoninck, Stuart Dennis, Neil Fairbrother, Alejandro Fuster, Bryant Gaines, Cassio Garcia, Fernando Gonzalez, Rene Guth, Michal Holenia, Abner Jimenez, Tapan Khatri, Sandeep Kumar, Denis Le Brizault, Jason Lee, Blair Lightfoot, Chris Lowman, Gonzalo Lujan, Michael Magee, Taimur Malik, Jeff Martin, Randy McInnis, Patric McNeff, Michael Ng, Timothy Passingham, Diju Pavithran, Garry Peirce, Josue Rodriguez, Terry Sanderson, Lee Sharping, Sergey Studenikin, François Thomas, John Trevino, Hiroyuki Tsushima, Simon Williams, Jim Wilson and Coco Wu.
We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you say hello and introduce yourself at Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- New Forum. We're excited to welcome our EMEA Partners to the Ciena Community. Welcome!
- Blue Planet's Unique Approach to Enabling Smart Business Decisions. Learn more about Blue Planet Analytics (BPA) from Mina Paik. Check out the blog.
- Five K-12 Trends That Will Make Life Interesting for CIO's in 2017. The specifics of where EdTech is going are unkown, but here are five key areas that will keep CIO's on their toes in 2017 from Daniele Loffreda. Learn more.
- February 2017 Ciena Learning Course Calendar. The Ciena Course Calendar for February is now up. Download it and sign up for a course. What course are you attending?
Here are new questions asked around in the community, check them out and share your experiences and expertise to help:
Have questions? Here are a few featured topics to start asking and collaborating, but you can find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Here are your most popular answered questions from last week based on views.
- Transmission Equipment Latency
- OTN GCC0 bytes configuration in Ciena 6500
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Z33 and Z77 User Manuals
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
Have a question to ask the community? Find your forum to ask.
Congrats to Simon Williams for completing the 2017 Network and Tech Prediction quest. Check out his predictions, and share yours at: What are your predictions for networks and tech in 2017?
A great way to get started in the community is getting know other members, including members of the Ciena team, and introducing yourself to the community on our global community introduction thread: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? On this thread, you can share a little about you, such as your role, how long you've been in the telecommunications industry, what Ciena products you use, and lastly, what you'd like to learn more about or discuss here, in the Ciena Community. I look forwarding to meeting you!
Have a great week and keep networking!