How was your weekend? I hope it was relaxing, entertaining, productive and / or adventurous depending on what you wanted to get out of it.
This week, on March 7th in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell received a patent for his revolutionary new invention, the telephone. To think that today, 52% of the US only have a cell phone, no landline, and we do everything on our cell phones - this weekend, I turned my computer on for the first time since the end of December because I do everything on my phone. According to The Communications Market Report, in the US, we spend more than 85 hours per month browsing our cell phones (approximately three hours a day). Do you have a landline phone in your house? Do you think you browse your cell phone for three hours a day?
Now, a look at what happened in the community, and around, last week.
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Surya Kiran Bandi, Donald Beckermann, Gene Brown, Anchal Chopra, Ренат Эксанов, Sean Frasier, Zaki Hanna, Youssef Hassan, Mahmoud Ibrahim, Brian Johnson, Darron Legnon, Tom Locke, Manjunath M J, Michael McPadden, Karlo Tisaj, andMichael Webb.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello at: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Mobile World Congress: Mobile World Congress was in Barcelona last week. Members of the Ciena team attended, including Jamie A Moody, and she's sharing 7 of the biggest takeaways from this year's show. Check them out.
- Z-Series Stencils: Just in case you missed it, Z-Series stencils have been added to the stencil Resource directory. Download them and then post a thanks to Chris for requesting them.
- Stacey Conliffe shares an overview of available courses that will help get your head in the cloud and a better understanding of visualization. Check it out. Have you completed the course? We'd love to hear your feedback. Our March Ciena course spotlight is on the topic of visualization.
Thank you, and welcome, to the the following new members for joining the Ciena Community and asking their first question!
Have a question? Browse topics and forums to find your forum and ask for help and best practices.
Check out our open questions and share your experiences and expertise to help an industry colleague find a solution:
- 3930 Power Supply Question
- OME6500 and third-party RADIUS server
- OTN interface support on PSW
- G.8032 best practice?
- 6.16 vs. 6.15?
Receive a reply to your question. Mark it Correct or Helpful. Learn more.
Our most popular answered questions based on your views last were:
- Pass IP address of OME6500 to Site Manager (Windows)
- I am looking for the MAX power consumption for a 6500-14
- How to initialize 6500 node database?
- 3930 Vlan configuration guide
- Site Manager Software for 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
To receive Community Happenings in your inbox every week, Follow it in your inbox at Community Happenings.