"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
This Tuesday, March 14th, we celebrate Albert Einstein and Pi Day. Albert Einstein was born in 1879 and I'm sure you all know him for his theory of relativity, his popular mass-energy equivalence formula (E=mc2), and winning the Nobel Prize for Physics, but did you know that Einstein was a late talker. He didn't start using words until he was two years old. But, while he was slow with language, he did show early signs of interest in science. He received a compass from his father at only five years old and it led to a lifelong interest with magnetic fields.
And, did you know that Pi Day is celebrate on 3/14 at 1:59 pm? When combined, the date and the time make the approximate value of pi: 3.14159.
Now, a look at what happened in the community, and around, last week. Plus, a webinar this week that you're all invited: Webinar Today: Liquid Spectrum for an On-demand World
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Mohammad Aldabel, Jahanzeb Ashraf, George Babu, Saul Bejarano, Karpagam Chandran, Vladimir Chernyshev, Mark Dalglish, Bryan Dixon, Herve DUBOIS, Jodi Eichelberger, Keith Gallooway, Alan Gardner, Kevin Hurdle, Frank Ingram, Asif Iqbal, Dean Liauw, Carlos Lopez Dorado, Harihara Rayapaneni, Krishna Reddy, Kalanidhi Subramanian, Heidi Westbrook, Nancy Younan, and Jihwan Yuk.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello at: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- Ciena Reveals the Future of Optical - Join Us!: Join us this Wednesday, 3/15 at 11am ET for an interactive webinar on how Ciena is redefining the future of optical networks. Register now for a front row seat to see the story of your optical network's successful future.
- What is Distributed NFV?: Find the answer in this article introducing the concept of Distributed NFV, or D-NFV, and why service providers are increasingly looking at it as they begin to roll out virtualized network functions to their customers. Learn more.
- Stacey Conliffe shares an overview of available courses that will help get your head in the cloud and a better understanding of visualization. Check it out. Have you completed the course? We'd love to hear your feedback. Our March Ciena course spotlight is on the topic of visualization.
Congratulations to Austin for completing the Ready. Set. Go quest! Based on his introduction, he's looking to connect and learn with other users of 6500, 8700 and 6.X platforms and the 51XX and 30XX series. Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels.
A shout-out also goes to Chris for introducing himself to the community last week!! He's interested in Z-Series and the 30XX series, but he's also a dad, drummer and gamer. Nice to meet you, Chris!!
Check out our open questions and share your expertise to help an industry colleague find a solution:
- I got a red led alarm on my Ciena CN3920. What does that mean? Can anybody help?
- Is link loss forwarding supported on OME6500?
- Accedian Test on Reflector
- STM64 Errors cause?
- Real Time Port Statistics
- OTN interface support on PSW
- G.8032 best practice?
- 6.16 vs. 6.15?
Have a question? Find your forum and ask the community.
Our most popular answered questions based on your views last were:
- Traps and Alarm Log
- Loop Detection
- Can the 3930 10G NNI port be reconfigured as UNI?
- Pass IP address of OME6500 to Site Manager (Windows)
- 3930 Vlan configuration guide
Meet other members and introduce yourself by sharing Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?