I hope you had a great weekend!! Mine was a busy one filled with time at the pool, baseball and of course, a bit of the usual, laundry. How was your weekend?
Here is your summary of what happened last week in and around the community.
Hello and Welcome
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Ahmed Abumazwed, Sultan Ahmed, Mehdi Badaoui, Jeff Burgess, Clyde Cabrera, Daniel Claybaugh, Craig Debbisi, Alfred Fuentes, Ashok Hindocha, Eric Miedema, Nordine Quadar, and Olivier Rossant.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello at: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Share Your Experiences
Check out our open questions and share your expertise to help an industry colleague find a solution:
- What does Protocol Fail alarm on a TESI ESP indicate?
- Alarm Help: Link Errored Frame Event
- SNMP trap for active/current alarm OME6500
- Backup Failure alarm on OMS6500
- Define "interconnecting node."?
- SNMP trap trigger
- Link Budget Calculation for DWDM
- how can i pull Network Trail, WSS Statistics and Flow Point Inventory using API
- Saos 7x Egress Port Scheduler?
Have a question? Find your forum and ask the community.
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular answered questions based on your views last were:
- Trunk port Configuration
- Is it possible to manually send traps from a device?
- G.8032 failed to reroute
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- 3930 Vlan configuration guide
Thank you to the following members for their use and support of the community, whether it be for asking questions, answering questions, sharing an update, marking replies helpful, or saying hello: Frederick Valcho, Austin Carr, Ryan Wett, Pedro Montero, Eric Miedema, Darcy Buskermolen, Daniel Claybaugh, Craig Debbisi, Chris O'Rourke, Darran Howkins, Sultan Ahmed, Jeff Wilde, Budiarto Lim, Anthony Brewer, and Chelsi Doyle. Thank you!!!
I Love Acronyms
We have a new acronym challenge for all of you! Our new acronym is:
To join the challenge, post what LEAF represents in a comment at: I Love Acronyms: LEAF. Points will be awarded to all participants with the correct answer and extra points are awarded to the first correct answer and the most creative answer. Good luck!!
What Is: MPLS-TP
- What do you think is the most important aspect of MPLS-TP?
- What advancements do you see in the future of MPLS-TP?
- Is MPLS-TP “tomorrow’s network”?
- How would you explain MPLS-TP to a class of rowdy sixth graders?
Learn more about MPLS-TP and y sharing what it means to your role in telecommunications at: What is MPLS-TP to you?
In Telecom News
- Measure Twice, Cut Once: Fiber Deep Planning for Cable Operators: The old adage of "measure twice, cut once" doesn't just apply to woodworking, it goes for building your fiber network as well. Ciena's Wayne Hickey details what Cable MSOs must consider when driving fiber deeper into their network. Read more.
- Concerns, Confusion and Hope Surround E-Rate Program: Ciena’s Daniele Loffreda reflects on current conventional wisdom among E-rate stakeholders. Read more.
- Is your existing wireline network ready for 5G services?: A recent study by Analysys Mason reveals that many Mobile Networks Operators in APAC may be unprepared for the coming of 5G traffic loads. Ciena’s Anthony McLachlan details what they can do. Read more.
- Dynamic MPLS-TP in the Metro Network... Why?: Ciena's Wayne Hickey gives a primer on the plethora of network routing protocols, and why the efficiency and flexibility of MPLS-TP makes it a great option for metro networks. Read more and then, join the What is MPLS-TP to you? conversation.
- TV is still media’s biggest platform - but the internet is quickly gaining ground Business Insider
- The role of APIs in network transformation Telecom TV
- The world’s smartest cities: What IoT and smart governments will mean for you TechRepublic
- Cloud and Colo Providers and Chinese Incumbents Drive Growth in Optical Equipment Sales, According to Cignal AI Cignal AI
- AT&T says interested in hybrid managed services model is growing Fierce Telecom
- SDN: The game changer for today’s networks? Tahawul Tech
- 12 ‘best practices’ IT should avoid at all costs CIO
Of The Week
Our knowledge is a little island in a great ocean of nonknowledge.
Isaac Bashevis Singer
Summer officially begins this Wednesday, June 21st, on the longest day of the year (also known as the Summer Solstice). At 5:00 PM ET this Wednesday, you can celebrate the solstice with Bill Nye at Slooh and preview the event of the year, The Transcontinental Total Solar Eclipse. Learn more.
Did You Know
(Since I finally went to my first baseball game of the season this past weekend, our did you know is all naturally about baseball.)
That the first night major league baseball game was played in Cincinnati on May 24, 1935 at Crosley Field and drew 25,000 fans. Quickly, night games caught on around the league and teams upgraded their facilities to include lights throughout the 1930s and 40s. Do you know what team was last to include night games in their schedule? The Chicago Cubs. Wrigley Field was the last park to host night games with their first night game being August 8, 1988.
Have a "Did You Know" fact that you'd like share with the community? Share it in a comment below.
Have a great week and keep networking! I look forward to hearing from you.