I’d like to introduce you all to our newest Member Spotlight, Leonardo Jose Yepez. Leonardo is member of the Ciena Global Technical Support team in Argentina and a community SME. He’s been a member since launch, May 2016, and has participated in nearly thirty questions. When he’s not at work, you’ll find him playing soccer or maybe even running.
Here’s your opportunity to get to know Leonardo a little more and even ask him a few questions. Everyone meet Leonardo!
Leonardo Jose Yepez
1. What is your current role at Ciena and how long have you been on the team? How did you get started in the industry?
Currently, I'm a Technical Support Engineer for CALA. I have approximately three years on the team and four year in the industry.
2. What are your favorite sources of information to do your job?
I have two favorite source of information to do my job and get learn more:
- Ciena Technical Documentation
- Ciena Learning
3. What is your favorite technology, program or app?
Depends, professionally, and in this industry, I like the OTN technology. Personally, I like to use the Pulse app, it is fun for tracking workouts to burn some k/cal.
4. If you were a superhero, what would be your superpower?
5. What are some of the topics that you’re most interested in discussing in the community?
Interested topics include: Transport, DWDM, OTN, SDH and NMS
Based on Leonardo’s introduction to the community, there are a lot of other topics he’ll accept questions too.
6. What should Ciena Community members ask you about?
The products, services and technology that I support at Ciena and paradise birds, especially the penguins. In my free time, I like to study different races of birds. In the future, I want to travel to Antarctica to meet the “Emperor penguin,” my favorite animal.
7. What else would you like people to know about you?
So in full transparency Leonardo didn’t have an answer for this one, but I’d say that I’ve learned he is a bit competitive - he’s working on staying at the top of the Ciena Community leaderboard.
He’s also a resourceful Ciena Community SME because even if he doesn’t quite know the answer, he works with members of his team to find the person with the expertise and helps bring them or the information into the community. Thanks Leonardo!
You can connect with Leonardo by following him at: Leonardo Yepez or ask him a question or leave a comment below.