Hello and Happy Monday, here is your summary of what happened last week in and around the community.
Hello and Welcome
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Jean-Pierre Bocahu, John Bond, Efflam Castel, Yhoel Vicente Chavez Alderete, Damien Chuet, jose manuel de arce, 宏 菊田, Mazi Fayazfar, Javier Garcia, Laurent GONE, Paul Hunter, Larry Kemp, Alexey Lagunov, Nicolas Legaud, Jianfeng Liu, Kevin Lloyd, NADIA MONTALVO, Konstantin Muhachev, Axel Schalt, Antoine Soubigou, Tomasz Wasilewski, Leroy Williams and Ming Zhou.
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and invite you to say hello at: Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Share Your Experiences
Check out our open questions and share your expertise to help an industry colleague find a solution:
- 4200 Template
- Mac address Lookup
- Link Errored Frame Seconds/Events
- Z-Series Client Optics
- SNMP OID to poll AMP ports to get their PM values
- Alarm Help: Link Errored Frame Event
- SNMP trap trigger
- Link Budget Calculation for DWDM
- how can i pull Network Trail, WSS Statistics and Flow Point Inventory using API
- Saos 7x Egress Port Scheduler?
- Supermux mapping preference
Have a question? Find your forum and ask the community.
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular answered questions based on your views last week were:
- 3930 Vlan configuration guide
- 6500 - 8Gb Fibre Channel XFP Part Number
- What are, if any, the ramifications of setting broadcast-containment filters network wide?
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Is there a list of supported Brocade FC switches and optics to match with the NTTP86AA?
I Love Acronyms
Congratulations to the winners of our LEAF acronym challenge!! The correct answer is: Large Effective Area Fiber.
- First correct answer: Sheanon Summers
- Most creative answer: Chris O'Rourke with Limit Ethernet Acting Funny and Jeffrey Robertson with Little-Endian Advocacy Foundation.
Ready to further test your knowledge some more? Good! We have a new acronym challenge for you:
To join the challenge, post what ATM represents in a comment at: I Love Acronyms: ATM Points will be awarded to all participants with the correct answer and extra points are awarded to the first correct answer and the most creative answer. Good luck!!
What Is: MPLS-TP
This Thursday, we'll be posting a new topic, so there a few more days to join the conversation and complete the June What Is quest by sharing your feedback, concerns, insights, questions and more on MPLS-TP.
- What do you think is the most important aspect of MPLS-TP?
- What advancements do you see in the future of MPLS-TP?
- Is MPLS-TP “tomorrow’s network”?
- How would you explain MPLS-TP to a class of rowdy sixth graders?
Learn more about MPLS-TP and y sharing what it means to your role in telecommunications at: What is MPLS-TP to you?
In Telecom News
- Busting a few myths about microservices: The topic of microservices architectures for application development is getting a lot of attention. Abel Tong from Ciena's Blue Planet team highlights some of the myths that have emerged around network operator adoption. Read more.
- Envisioning Intelligent Ops - Turning the Dream Into a Reality: In the first of a 3-part series on the Road to Autonomous Networks, Ciena’s Joe Marsella details the journey of Our Hero as he struggles to make the dream of an intelligent, self-optimizing network a reality. Read more.
- The Road to Autonomous Networks: Taking a New Path: In the second of a 3-part series on the Road to Autonomous Networks, Ciena’s Joe Marsella details the journey of Our Hero as he struggles to make the dream of an intelligent, self-optimizing network a reality. Read more.
- Report: Here are the 5 most “tech ready” cities in the world TechRepublic
- 5G Could Grow to $270 Billion in Service Revenue by 2025 Wireless
- U.N. survey finds cybersecurity gaps everywhere except Singapore Reuters
- The 25 Biggest IT Companies On The 2017 Fortune 500 CRN
- The Internet of Things: 10 types of enterprise deployments ZDNet
- Google to power Dutch data center with solar energy Reuters
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Carlos Alcantar, Dean Campbell, Alan Deasy, Chelsi Doyle, 林太郎 高野, Todd Fatheree, Catherine Fellner, Sean Finlay, Tom Harris, victor jimenez, Gregory Kolaronda, Lonnie Leger, Lee Maglione, Gary Mumphrey, Toru Nyuta, Jun OSAKI, Smruti Rout, Mike Steinmetz, and Philip Stott.
Don't count the days. Make the days count.
This week we have two days around pets: Tuesday, July 11th is All American Pet Photo Day and Saturday, July 15th is a National Pet Fire Safety Day. In honor of these days, take adorable pictures of your pet(s) and share them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or with a friends or family member via text this Tuesday and then, on Saturday, create or review your fire emergency plans for your pet(s).
Did You Know
That on July 10, 1962 the world’s first international communications satellite, Telstar I, was launched into orbit. Telsar I introduced the world to trans-Atlantic video feeds and launched a new era of communication.
Have a great week and keep networking! I look forward to hearing from you.