Weekly highlights of what happened around the community last week. Here a new questions in the community to share your experiences and help a peer:
- What network training course(s) have you taken this year?
- Can anyone explain how MPO breakout cable is used to connect one Ciena ETH100G(NTK538) card to 4 routers with each port capacity 28G and able to monitor optical power in card
- Historical bin for CFM probes
- how to check service trail from a alarm or transponder directly in ciena 6500 product
- Loop constructs in service template
- Domain sync error after RA upgrade
Hello and Welcome
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Brian Denmeade, Michael Erickson, Usman Janjua, Drew Leavitt, David Lim, Sahar Mashhadi, Peter Meagher, Peter Miller, Moh Njaman, Laurent ORVEILLON, Deepak Sharma, and Aaron Wasserott.
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular questions based on your views last week were the following:
- Can you disable alarm for unused power supply ciena 3930
- When is the Optera 5200 EOL
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Lior Bar, Assaf Broutman, Mohammad Eneim, Geoff Newson, Huy Nguyen, Camille Oudot, mohamed oughrom, Harold Payne, Mark Reyes, Josh Rogers, sridhar sikha, and Tom Young.
No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.
Join the current I Love Acronsyms challenge at: I Love Acronyms: SG. It's the last challenge of the year, so join before it is too late.
Today, December 11th, is National App Day. It is a day to celebrate the introduction and importance of apps in our lives today. In 2008, Apple introduced OS 2.0, which included approximately 500 apps and allowed third party app generation. As of March 2017, Google Play leads in apps with 2.8 million, while the Apple App store had 2.2 million apps available. According to Statista, it is predicted that global consumer spending on mobile gaming apps alone is set to reach 105.2 billions U.S. dollars in 2021. And the most used app in the U.S. is none other than, Facebook - 81% of app users use Facebook. What is the app you use the most? What is your favorite app?
Did You Know
In 2008 on this day, December 11th, Google released the first stable public version of Chrome. According to ZDNet, Chrome is the most popular web browser with 45% of the market. What browser do you use the most? I tend to gravitate to Chrome the most.
Have a great week and keep networking!