A few updates around the community that you should be aware of:
- This is the last week to submit your nomination or nominate someone else for our Ciena Community ACE program. Learn more or submit a nomination
- There is still time to register and join tomorrow's Scaling for the Next Giant Demand Wave webinar. Register
- We have a new acronym! Check it out and share what it means in telecom to be entered for a chance to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series.
Now, here is your overview of happenings around the community for last week. Please join us in welcoming new members, celebrating others on their one-year memberversary, and sharing your experiences on discussions and questions:
Hello and Welcome
Hello and welcome to our newest members! Welcome: Dheyaa Abbas, Ajith Adapa, katsuyuki akagi, Sandor Bocz, Fernando Carrasco Schirmer, Eamonn Casey, Stephen Craven, Mark Cushnahan, John Daragon, John Drefke, Bradley Dudley, Russ Fordyce, Patrick Grimard, Marc HENRY, Tom Hetteberg, ANUP JAIN, chandan jha, ANSHU KUMAR, MAtthew Lynch, Oluwaseyi Mafe, Randy Malone, Shaun McCarthy, Gregory McGlynn, Natasa Munitic, Sean OConnell, Tahzeeb Raouf, Sean Scanlon, Erica Switalski, Mike Walker, mark wang, Angie Weday, and Lucas Wood.
We're glad you're here and and invite you to join us and share something you learned in the last week with the community to pass on the knowledge: This Week I Learned: April 27th
Popular and Noteworthy
Our most popular questions based on your views, and other noteworthy discussions, events, and more.
- OME 6500
- 6500 - ORL (optical return loss)
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- Command list for checking the performance of services
- Pin-out diagram for the db 25 craft cable
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Trunk port Configuration
- Remote authentication access levels
- OC certification
- Can anyone explain to me that what is the sequence of Ciena cmd44, 5430, 6500 and OMDF connection.
- Ciena Learning App
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (Apr 26th)
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: vivek atreya, Mark Chamberlin, Roxanne Chow, Tom Dahlin, Jeremy Davis, Claude Echahamian, Mohd Izham Ghaffar, Christopher Huntley, Ninad Jadhav, zhuangli liu, Joy Martinez, Emmanuel Moniz, Glenn Olson, and lei zhang.
You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.
What does VLLI mean in telecom? Join our new I Love Acronyms thread and share what VLLI means in telecom. You'll also be entered for a chance to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet and Software.
We end this week on National Star Wars Day! Celebrated annually on May 4th, it is a day to celebrate all that is Star Wars and wish everyone a "May the Fourth Be With You". So, this Friday: May the Fourth Be With You! What is your favorite Star Wars film and character?
Did You Know
Xerox introduced the Xerox 8010 Star Information System, the first commercial system utilizing a computer mouse, in April 1981. The 8010, geared towards business and sold for $20,000, was not a commercial success, so it wasn't until the Apple Macintosh in 1984 that the mouse became a mainstream, and essential, tool for computers.
Have a great week and keep networking!