Happy Monday, Ciena Community! Welcome to a fresh week and to this edition of our Community Happenings blog! Below is your weekly update of what's been happening in the community since last Monday. Please join us in welcoming new members to the community, celebrating those with one-year memberversaries, and joining the conversation with a new question, idea, like, comment, follow, or vote. Have a great rest of your week!
Hello and Welcome
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the Ciena Community! Welcome: Rezwan Ahmed, Nelmar Alvarenga, Carl Andress, Joseph Arena, adam bono, Leon Brown, Austin Campbell, Jeff Cerda, Amar Cherukupalli, Nick Davies, Александр Занозин, Daniel English, Edward Forrest, anthony gan, Angelo Germoni, Daniel Gonzalez, Richard Green, Lukman Hakim, Dustin Howard, Chris Hutchings, raman jagga, John Kent, Challa Kranthi Kiran, Neil Leisenheimer, Michael Lemelin, Jeremy Lowrey, Alfonso Malaga Ortiz, Ramon Gerardo Maldonado Basilio, pablo mariani, Joseph McCain, Leticia Mendoza, John Montesjardi, David Nolle, Lawrence Rawlings, juan rodriguez, Mohit Rusia, Chris Schuette, Dirk Schwertfeger, Chungsun Sham, ramya sri, tom strain, MAURICIO SUGUI, Attila Szentpétery, Prabhakaran Thiyagarajan, Nathan Thompson, Peter Webbe, Jennifer Webster, Matthew Windley, Ricky Wright, and Allan Zinkula!
We're so glad to have you and would like to extend an invitation to share something about yourself and your favorite Ciena products, as well as learn more about other members of the community on our introduce yourself thread!
Popular and Noteworthy
The most popular questions based on your views:
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- RFC2544 Test - Static Reflector
- Ciena 4200 commands list
- Pin-out diagram for the db 25 craft cable
- What is the difference between BDI and FDI?
Top Service Ideas with the most votes. (Must be a user of my.ciena.com to view, create, and vote on ideas.)
- Ciena Learning App
- The Power Finder
- Equipment Utilization
- Maintenance Impact Analysis
- Network Inventory
Don't forget to check out our Service Ideas themes:
- Augmented Reality (AR) in Ciena's Service portfolio
- Spreadsheet Killer Overview
- New Theme: Navigation, simplified.
Submit an idea and receive 10 points to win the exclusive Service Ideas "I'm an idea person" t-shirt. Learn more.
Other noteworthy activity and content throughout the community.
- Tuning 10G SFP+'s on the 5170
- Understand Spine Leaf Network Architecture Packet Networking Summer Camp Q&A
- Let's Welcome Our Inaugural ACEs
- ACE Spotlight: Brian Johnson
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (August 9)
- This Week I Learned: August 10th
- I Love Acronyms: SHx
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018
- 52 Weeks of Learning Leaderboard: Round Three
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Jorge Aquino, Brad Boston, Emerson Carneiro, Howard Drew, Ben Earle, hany elshamy, Jerry Green, christian langlois, Roy Nak, Michael Peel, Dan Reffett, Dave Salatino, Paul Schaefer, Thomas Walsh, Grahame Wright, and Jiejun Zhang!
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
Only one more week to participate in I Love Acronyms: SHx! Be sure to check it out and reply with what you think SHx means in telecom for a chance to earn points toward round three of 52 Weeks of Learning!
Click the link to go to 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018 for more content and activities like this, and to see how you can compete for the opportunity to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet, and Software!
Knock, knock...who's there? It's National Tell A Joke Day this Thursday, August 16th! They say laughter is the best medicine, and to a certain degree, the age-old saying is actually true! Laughter engages the abdominal muscles and even releases endorphins into the brain. Jokes, themselves, have been around in human culture dating all the way back to 1900 B.C. Sumer. Comment below to share your favorite joke, and be sure to check out What is your favorite engineering joke? for some industry-related inspiration!
Did You Know
37 years ago, yesterday, August 12th in 1981, IBM introduced its first personal computer, the IBM PC Model 5150. This model was developed in under a year by a team of 12 in hopes of maintaining a customer base in the rapidly growing PC market while working on developing a "real" PC. However, because of their rush to get to market, the developers were allowed to work outside of the standard IBM protocols regarding things like the use of "off the shelf" components, making the software less reliable and easily replicated. They never did get to develop their "real" PC and have since been stuck with the reputation of frustrating and error-prone products.
Have a great week and keep networking!