Happy Monday! Here is your weekly update of what's been happening in the community since last Monday. Please join us in welcoming new members to the community, celebrating those with one-year memberversaries, and joining the conversation with a new question, idea, like, comment, follow, or vote. Have a great rest of your week!
Hello and Welcome
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the Ciena Community! Welcome: John Griffiths, Darryl Hawkins, Abraham Ramirez, AnnMarie Clattenburg, Michel Schmit, Chris Murray, Olivier Zimmermann, Javier Borja Cruz, Jo Andreas Lien, sandy beland, Gene Morisak, Frank Bulk, Pia Hoppenberg, John Cherney, Tom Sims, francois-xavier soulie, Richard Snowden, Marcelo Godoy, Kip Swaringen,Mahendra pal Singh, Moz Aslam, John Spradling, Cristian Diaz, Yevhenii Preobrazhenskyi, Hoan Khieu, Sapeta Cartwright, Eugene Harris, Michael Miller, John Baker III, Benjamin Higgins, Paula Abney, Patrick Kramer, Alana Nelson, Nuutti Varis, David Thor, Kian Foung Heu, and Terry Tomlinson!
We're so glad to have you and would like to extend an invitation to share something about yourself and your favorite Ciena products, as well as learn more about other members of the community on our introduce yourself thread!
Popular and Noteworthy
The most popular questions based on your views:
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- Ciena 4200 commands list
- What is the difference between BDI and FDI?
- How to get OM6500 to work with OM3000/OM3500 to work on Windows 10 via Direct Connect.
- Pin-out diagram for the db 25 craft cable
Top Service Ideas with the most votes. (Must be a user of my.ciena.com to view, create, and vote on ideas.)
- Ciena Learning App
- The Power Finder
- Equipment Utilization
- Maintenance Impact Analysis
- Network Inventory
Don't forget to check out our Service Ideas themes:
- Augmented Reality (AR) in Ciena's Service portfolio
- Spreadsheet Killer Overview
- New Theme: Navigation, simplified.
Submit an idea and receive 10 points to win the exclusive Service Ideas "I'm an idea person" t-shirt. Learn more.
Other noteworthy activity and content throughout the community.
- Tuning 10G SFP+'s on the 5170
- Understand Spine Leaf Network Architecture Packet Networking Summer Camp Q&A
- Let's Welcome Our Inaugural ACEs
- ACE Spotlight: Leandro Milocco
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (August 16)
- This Week I Learned : August 17th
- I Love Acronyms: ASAP
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018
- 52 Weeks of Learning Leaderboard: Round Three
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Ivan Amigo, Henry Barnard, Matthew Bennett, Shawn Caron, Jason Ciotti, Arun Govindan, Gaurav Jain, Stanley Jaison, Steve Jensen, Ted Jones, Shibu Kalidhasan, Shigeaki Maeda, Kevin McGarrell, Julian Ospina, Mark Pilkington, Nick Tabino, and junjun zhou!
Happiness is a direction, not a place.
Sydney J. Harris
There's a brand new round of I Love Acronyms: ASAP that just went live! Be sure to check it out and reply with what you think ASAP means in telecom for a chance to earn points toward round three of 52 Weeks of Learning!
Click the link to go to 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018 for more content and activities like this, and to see how you can compete for the opportunity to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet, and Software!
Today, August 20th is National Radio Day, a day to recognize the invention of the Radio, a pioneer in wireless tech. Radios were initially used for military and other public service functions, and later for music and entertainment programming. There are tens of thousands of radio broadcasting stations all over the world today, though the popularity of podcasts and other types of internet audio entertainment has surged in recent years.
Did You Know
Yesterday, August 19th, marked the 14th anniversary of Google's IPO in 2004. On that day, Google sold over 22 million shares at a starting price of $85 and closed the market at $100.34. Google's IPO produced many overnight millionaires and even a few billionaires.
Have a great week and keep networking!