Happy Tuesday, how was the start of your week? Below is your update of what's been happening in the community over the past week. Please join us in welcoming new members to the community, celebrating those with one-year memberversaries, and joining the conversation with a new question, idea, like, comment, follow, or vote. Have a great rest of your week!
Hello and Welcome
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the Ciena Community! Welcome: Lucian Agapie, Khan Ahmed, Frank Albertz, Tarak Amin, Nuri Bal, Mario Balderrama, Mahesh Bangadkar, Richard Baumbaugh, Rahul Bharti, Phillip Chitwood, Badari Deshpande, David Dolney, Anne Ducey, Bachir El Khoury, Vadim Fasakhutdinov, Johannes Greyvenstein, Gerry Hughes, Michelet Jean-Gilles, wade jones, Cengiz Koc, HIDEHITO KURIHARA, Carl LaFevers, Rodney Leon-Guerrero, james litton, saed malkawi, Jean-Guy Marquis, Marcelo McAndrew, Edier Murillo, Jody Nesler, Marcos Ocejo, Ronald Odijk, Evandro Oliveira, Nuno Oliveira, shane prados, Bryan Rabe, RAVICHANDRAN RAMAN, Darren Reaney, Robert Riddle, Curtis Schongalla, bouchenard sophie, Primoz Stupica, Jon Sumner, Brad Tarno, Rafael Torres, Troy Wise, Cedric Yammine, and Yang Yu!
We're so glad to have you and would like to extend an invitation to share something about yourself and your favorite Ciena products, as well as learn more about other members of the community on our introduce yourself thread!
Popular and Noteworthy
The most popular questions based on your views:
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- Firmware Version Mismatch / Invalid with Software Version alarm is not getting cleared
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- Ciena 4200 commands list
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- need list of commands for troubleshooting for deployed customer services.
- How to get OM6500 to work with OM3000/OM3500 to work on Windows 10 via Direct Connect.
Top Service Ideas with the most votes. (Must be a user of my.ciena.com to view, create, and vote on ideas.)
- Ciena Learning App
- The Power Finder
- Equipment Utilization
- Maintenance Impact Analysis
- Network Inventory
Don't forget to check out our Service Ideas themes:
- Augmented Reality (AR) in Ciena's Service portfolio
- Spreadsheet Killer Overview
- Navigation, simplified.
Submit an idea and receive 10 points to win the exclusive Service Ideas "I'm an idea person" t-shirt. Learn more.
Other noteworthy activity and content throughout the community.
- Blue Planet Hackathon Aspirational Award goes to...
- Tuning 10G SFP+'s on the 5170
- ACE Spotlight: Peter Southwick
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (September 6)
- This Week I Learned: September 7th
- I Love Acronyms: DP-QPSK
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- 52 Weeks of Learning Leaderboard: Round Three
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Jared August, Reed Bigham, Stanton Burgess, Manuel Damas, Gus Elmer, Steven Fernandes, Roee Gavriel, Niel Greeff, Douglas Green, Wadii GUEDRIA, Mostafa Hesham, takeshi hosoya, MUDDASSIR IQBAL, Bradley Matteson, Michael McGlone, Jing Ping Peck, Matt Rocker, Scott Root, Massimiliano Troiani, James Uhrlaub II, Manoj Wadhwa, and SHINICHI YOKOTE!
One fails forward toward success.
Only one week left to participate in I Love Acronyms: DP-QPSK! Be sure to check it out and reply with what you think DP-QPSK means in telecom for a chance to earn points toward round three of 52 Weeks of Learning!
Click the link to go to 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018 for more content and activities like this, and to see how you can compete for the opportunity to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet, and Software!
It's time to put on your headset and grab your controller/mouse because tomorrow, September 12th, is National Video Game Day! On this day, gamers gather in person and to celebrate by playing their favorite video games. Video games have exploded in the past decade transforming from more of an art form to a true industry. Today, people from all over the world and of all ages unite in their passion for playing, some even on teams in e-sport arenas.
Did You Know
Blockchain now accounts for over 1% of the entire world's energy consumption. In public written testimony from Arvind Narayanan, a Princeton computer scientist, to the US Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, the IT industry as a whole is steadily increasing it's global energy consumption from it's current 3.5%, largely due to the increase in blockchain and mining technology.
Have a great week and keep networking!