Hello and welcome to this week's edition of Community Happenings! Please join us in welcoming new members to the community, celebrating those with one-year memberversaries, and joining the conversation with a new question, idea, like, comment, follow, or vote. Have a great rest of your week!
Hello and Welcome
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the Ciena Community! Welcome: thomas alexander, Danny Ames, Virgilio Arribas, kuandyk baltabayev, James Bandy, Bence Basa, Jaime Bell, Aaron Casillas, joão CLEIS, Alexandru Dobranis, Clarence Drennon, Mike Flores, Oziel Garcia, David Gillenwaters, Clarence Graves jr, Jiri Hajek, Shelby Hardin, Manny J, Charlotte Jolicoeur, Hemadri K, James Ketola, Akrapoom Kokpho, Samuel Marty, Dane MIller, Bhanu Mishra, Bryant Mothershed, Jegan Narayanan, Curtis Nelson, Keith Orozco, Keith Pleasant, Roman Rosen, Tamilan S, Mohammad Saleem Sakha, Chris Schafer, Gaurav Shah, Navdeep Singh, Landon Stogner, ron stuffertz, Peter Tavenier, Teguh Triharto, Kevin Tyree, Antoine VALLET, Vedran Vugrinec, George Walker, and Mike Woodcock!
We're so glad to have you and would like to extend an invitation to share something about yourself and your favorite Ciena products, as well as learn more about other members of the community on our introduce yourself thread!
Popular and Noteworthy
The most popular questions based on your views:
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- what causes NE_LOA ?
- Ciena 4200 commands list
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Trunk Port Configuration
- Firmware Version Mismatch / Invalid with Software Version alarm is not getting cleared
Top Service Ideas with the most votes. (Must be a user of my.ciena.com to view, create, and vote on ideas.)
- Ciena Learning App
- The Power Finder
- Equipment Utilization
- Maintenance Impact Analysis
- Changing Shelf IP for 6500
- Network Inventory
Don't forget to check out our Service Ideas themes:
- Augmented Reality (AR) in Ciena's Service portfolio
- Spreadsheet Killer Overview
- Navigation, simplified.
Submit an idea and receive 10 points to win the exclusive Service Ideas "I'm an idea person" t-shirt. Learn more.
Other noteworthy activity and content throughout the community.
- We're moving the community to my.ciena.com
- Tuning 10G SFP+'s on the 5170
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (October 18th)
- This Week I Learned: October 19th
- I Love Acronyms: HFC
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- 52 Weeks of Learning Leaderboard: Round Three
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: James Blessing, Jean-Francois Drouin, Massimiliano Falsiroli, Ray Hagen, Matt J, Hrishikesh Joshi, Vivek Kamath, Surender Kumar, Rommel Lomongo, Trirong Phuyathip, Luca Rinaldi, Michael Ross, and Mazyar Zarrabi!
Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.
Click the link to go to 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018 for more content and activities like this, and to see how you can compete for the opportunity to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet, and Software!
Visit I Love Acronyms: VLSR to check out the correct answer and winners of the last round.
This Saturday, October 27th, is National Make a Difference Day! Is there anything in your life that you've been meaning to do? Big or small, major changes or simple tasks, National Make a Difference Day is your opportunity to get energized and motivated to finally get to it! This day can also be observed by reflecting or acting on how we can make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Did You Know
17 years ago today on October 23, 2001, Apple introduced the very first iPod. While other MP3 devices were already available, Steve Jobs thought they offered an uninspired user experience. At the time, Apple's new portable music player was considered revolutionary tech. Today, such devices have of course become obsolete with the rise of smartphones. To honor the impact of the iPod, today is recognized as iPod Day on the anniversary of its announcement.
Have a great week and keep networking!