Happy Tuesday and welcome to this week's edition of Community Happenings! Please join us in welcoming new members to the community, celebrating those with one-year memberversaries, and joining the conversation with a new question, idea, like, comment, follow, or vote. Have a great rest of your week!
Hello and Welcome
Please join us in welcoming our newest members to the Ciena Community! Welcome: ali abhim, Srikanth Ala, Christian Alvaro, Carlos Alves, Jeremy Bienick, Sunil Bilagi, Brice Cannon, Eli Castillo, Eli Castillo, Alan Christiani, James Cole, Neil Coogan, Charlotte Fan, Alexander Fuentes, Donald Hinson, Mike Jones, gary keathley, Valentin Lamotte, Anubhav Malhotra, Allison Martino, Frank Moran, Diana Pong, Edouard Randal, Tripti Ranjan, Joshua Reager, Jesse Sambrano, Luc Sanderson, Hemant Sharma, Doug Smth, deuksung song, Michael Tamosaitis, Sivarajan Thiruvadi, John Trertahwawy, Thomas Wilson, Asmit Yaduvanshi, and aws yunus!
We're so glad to have you and would like to extend an invitation to share something about yourself and your favorite Ciena products, as well as learn more about other members of the community on our Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? thread!
Popular and Noteworthy
The most popular questions based on your views:
- How can we measure 100gbe power level with 4 lanes laser,we can see high power and low power in Site manager
- Command file keeps trying to upgrade software
- Exactly where can I find the MIC (Maintenance Interface Card) on the Ciena 6500 series?
- After firmware Upgrade, 10G optic not unrecognized?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
- what causes NE_LOA ?
- Ciena 4200 commands list
- When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
- Trunk port Configuration
- Firmware Version Mismatch / Invalid with Software Version alarm is not getting cleared
Top Service Ideas with the most votes. (Must be a user of my.ciena.com to view, create, and vote on ideas.)
- Ciena Learning App
- The Power Finder
- Equipment Utilization
- Maintenance Impact Analysis
- Network Inventory
Don't forget to check out our Service Ideas themes:
- Augmented Reality (AR) in Ciena's Service portfolio
- Spreadsheet Killer Overview
- Navigation, simplified.
Submit an idea and receive 10 points to win the exclusive Service Ideas "I'm an idea person" t-shirt. Learn more.
Other noteworthy activity and content throughout the community.
- ACE Spotlight: Isaac Kim
- We're moving the community to my.ciena.com
- Tuning 10G SFP+'s on the 5170
- Share Your Experiences: Questions That Need Answers (October 25)
- This Week I Learned: October 26th
- I Love Acronyms: CTG
- Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use?
- 52 Weeks of Learning Leaderboard: Round Three
Of The Week
Happy memberversary to the following members celebrating their first year in the Ciena Community: Mohammed Arif, Chris Batzios, Boris Borodach, Todd Caine, Suresh ChV, Ingrid Cornelilssen, Todd Houser, Jimmy Johnson, Lakshman Kularatna, Arun Kumar, Brian LaCroix, Binu Nadarajan, Waclaw Pompka, Joshua Rouse, Hartanto Santo, Raj Siddannanavara, Dimitris Symeonidis, Nirmalkumar T, KEI TAKESHITA, and Val Zabel!
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
Click the link to go to 52 Weeks of Learning Challenge: 2018 for more content and activities like this, and to see how you can compete for the opportunity to win a one-year subscription to the Ciena Learning Develop Series – more than 75 courses on Packet-Optical, Packet, and Software!
Visit I Love Acronyms: HFC to check out the correct answer and winners of the last round.
This Thursday, November 1st, is National Author's Day! National Author's Day is a celebration of literature and writers of all styles and genres, especially American writers. In its origin, National Author's Day was founded in Illinois in 1928 and was officially recognized by the United States Department of Commerce in 1949, but this day can be observed to recognize authors of any background.
Did You Know
80 years ago, today, on October 30th, 1938, Orson Welles famously broadcasted a radio adaptation of The War of the Worlds. Though the whole story was made up as an episode of a radio show, the realistic production caused many listeners to think the news bulletins of martian invasions were true. A monument in Jersey Park where the invasion was said to have taken place commemorates the event.
Have a great week and keep networking!