As a member of the community and based on your level of activity, you may receive digests summarizing what's happening in the community and emails alerting you to activity on content and places you've created, participated on or have selected to follow. Editing your preferences allows you to choose what content you receive email notifications about and how you view the content with which you interact.
To view or change your preferences:
- Click on the dropdown next to your name or avatar in the upper right corner.
- Select Preferences from the Personal menu.
- Decide which streams you wish to get email notifications about when new activity happens in them. Below is a summary of each option, the default setting and our recommendations on the setting.
- Turn on or off the email and when applicable, select the frequency you'd like to receive notifications.
- Click the Save button to update your email preferences.
|Inbox Notification||Description||Default Setting||Recommended Setting|
|Inbox: Activity||Updates on content you create or participate in||Email > All Activity|
Email > All Activity
If you ask a question, you'll receive responses to your questions, including the answer, via email.
|Inbox: Direct social actions||Personal @mentions, shares and messages directed at you|
|Inbox: Alerts||Notifications about things like tasks, followers, and endorsements|
|Following||Notifications on the people, places and content you follow||Email > All Activity||Email > Once-a-week summary|
|News Digest||Top and trending community news||Email > Once-a-week summary||Email > Once-a-week summary|
If you choose to create custom streams or are assigned to a Ciena Community stream, you'll also see these as options too.
Other preference settings that you can configure are:
- Choosing how you want responses and comments to appear by updating the Discussion View Style and Comment View Style. The default is Threaded.
- The Language, Locale, and Time Zone drop down menus are likely preset for your community. Choose a different option from the drop-down menus to change those preferences. By default your computer will determine your language and will display as a series of dashes.
- If you assign tags to your content frequently, click the Quick Tagging Mode check box to keep the Add/Update Tags field open by default.
- Click the Save button to return to your profile page.