When you find other members in the community whose activity is of interest, you can choose to “Follow” that person. The act of following a user who is also following you makes them one of your connections.
When choosing to follow a user you are choosing to follow that user’s activity in a stream of your choosing. You can follow a user in multiple streams.
You can follow a user in a variety of different ways:
- Navigate to the user’s profile and click the Follow button on the bottom right corner of the header section of the profile. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
- Hover over the user’s name or avatar and when the avatar popup appears click the Follow button. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
- Navigate to the People browse interface and filter the people by different profile information.
- If the browse interface is in the thumbnail view, hover over the user’s portrait and click the gear wheel in the bottom right corner that appears. Click the Follow button. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
- If the browse interface is in detail view, click the Follow button to the far right of the user. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
To access your connections navigate to your profile and click the Connections circle in the Connection Title in the center of the page below the main Profile Header.
Alternatively, choose the More drop down below the header section of your profile and choose Connections.