Follow tags to discover new areas and content where can get involved and stay informed.
In Using Tags, we learned that tags are keywords/phrases that you and others assign to content to make it easier to find when you search or filter for it and that you can add tags to all content you create. But, in addition to assign tags to content you create, you can also follow tags to stay informed on the content and places most important to you by creating a custom stream within News to filter recent activity when using the community and received notifications of new content.
Learn more about streams and following tags to set begin creating your personal streams today.
What are streams?
A stream shows you real-time updates of activity as members interact with people, places and content in the community.
How to create a custom stream?
You can create a custom stream and follow the tags that matter the most to you in the community by:
- Login and go to News (located under More).
- Click the + sign at the top of the page.
- Name the stream based on the purpose or topics, such as the name of a product.
- Search for the tag you want to follow.
- Scroll to the Tags section, past People and Content, and click Add next to the tag that you want to follow in your new stream.
- As you select Add, the tags and / or Content and People will move to the left of the screen into the stream.
- When you have added all tags, check Email if you want to receive email notifications when new activity with that tag happens in the community.
- Click Done to save your stream.
- You'll now have the custom stream as an option under News and can select the stream to filter your view of recent activity in the community.
After creating your stream, you may also want to review your preferences and update your email notifications. Learn more on how to do this in: Editing Your Email Notifications and Preferences.