We've created this quick list of three things to do in the community as a new member to help you get started on the right foot, provide a path to getting started and keep you in the know on what's going on in the community most relevant to you.
One. Complete Your Profile.
- Tell the full story of you. Your community profile is an easy way to for people to quickly learn more about you and a way for you to tell the story of you, such as where you live and work. A guide to setting up your profile.
- Put a face to your name. Upload a profile picture and make it your avatar to begin building connections online and offline in the Ciena Community. Using a picture of yourself will help others recognize you in the community - and even offline at in person events. It's always great to see someone that you've been collaborating with online for the first time... they do typically look just like their picture too. Steps for uploading a profile picture.
- Share your skills and expertise. We've all had different experiences that give each of skills and expertise that we can bring to others in the community. Add your skills and expertise to your profile to communicate what you're great at to other members. It will help you increase your reputation, build connections and learn about new relevant people, places and content. Add skills and expertise to your profile.
Two. Find and Follow Your Forum(s).
- Find the forum(s) where you belong. Browse the Networking and Developers forums and find and follow the one most relevant to you and your role to stay informed on new activity, including updates, resources and questions. Start following people, places and content to stay in the know.
Three. Ask, Answer or Introduce Yourself.
- Start leveraging the community and ask a question. Once you've found your forum(s), ask a question to get help and learn from your peers and product experts. Learn how to ask questions.
- Begin sharing and answer a question. Should you not quite have a question to ask right now, browse the current open questions in your forum(s) and help another member with their question by answering it. How to answer a question.
- Say hello to the community and introduce yourself. Share what Ciena products you use and how long you've been using them with the community to build connections and get assistance in finding the forum(s) for you. Introduce yourself.
One More Thing...
Complete the following actions and earn the Ciena Community Onboarding badge and points:
- Upload a profile picture
- Read the Rules of Engagement
- Like a piece of content, comment or reply
- Follow your forum - browse all forums to find yours
- Answer or share feedback on a piece of content with a comment or reply in your forum
- Create a piece of content - ask a question or start a discussion to share your tips and tricks in your forum
Learn more about Ciena Community Rewards.
We look forward to meeting, hearing and seeing you more in the Ciena Community. If you have questions on using the community or want to share feedback, go to About the Ciena Community.