The Denver Women@Ciena team held our 1st annual Women in Tech gathering in March 2017. A pre-celebration around International Women's Day. We wanted to share some key nuggets that we hope you can use as part of your personal/professional development.
* Create a structure for a Women's program at your workplace (see the Women@Ciena VSEM for ideas)
* Give Back together - Organize a volunteer or annual donation day
* Start a weekly email communication- "TedTalk Tuesday"; "Wednesday Wisdom" - get and share ideas in this community!
* Schedule monthly or quarterly networking sessions - invite men and women!
* Start a book club to crowd source professional development
* Recognize each other!
- The Broad Sheet daily news feed: fortune.com/getbroadsheet
- The Book of Joy, by Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Cultivate, by Morag Barrett
- Daring Greatly, by Brené Brown
- You are a Badass, by Jen Sincero
- Mindset, by Carol Dwecki
- Presence, by Amy Cuddy
- The Confidence Code, by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman
Want to see more? Attached is the post event document we shared with Denver participants. I hope at least one "nugget" inspires you!