Please ignore - turned out to be an inconspicuous issue on our test set. Apologies if anyone wasted any time contemplating it.
Going back in time a bit here, but wondering if anyone has some insight on configuring a packet edge (4x100BT) card on an OM3500. I have that terrible feeling I'm overlooking something very simple but I'm prepared for the embarrassment for the sake of a solution! Tho, I'll admit, the complete ins and outs of Ethernet isn't my forte.
Problem is that the LAN links will not come up. (seems simple, right?)
- PEC is NTN433BB
- One card on each of 2 separate shelves (simple P2P fibering)
- Dual port Ethernet test set - one link to each card's port 1
- the card's internal loopback test passes for both WAN and all 4 LAN ports (for all cards I've tried)
- WAN link up, packets flowing - all good here
- followed all basic config procs but starting to wonder if something is conflicting somewhere
- both cards on same IPT ring
- both ports on same transparent domain
- auto-neg disabled (not an option on the card),etc, etc -
Too many parameters to list here (to verify), so I'm starting with more of a general question about common SNAFU's anyone might be familiar with w.r.t. these cards, or if you've had any similar experience, what was the problem/solution?
I've verified test set, cables (tried straight-thru & X-over) and tried enough cards (and different ports) to be reasonably confident that they're not ALL defective! Seems it must be card config and/or test set config / compatibility, but I've been through a long list of scenarios to no avail.
Sorry for such a generalized question, but thanks for any insight,