Looking to retrieve inventory via SNMP commands for OME6500 and CPL from an SNMP server, has anyone developed a script or command for inventory retrieve?
Thanks and regards
Actually we don't have a script to get inventor retrieve to 6500 and CPL from SNMP server.
According to the eng guide.
The 6500 and CPL support:
• retrieval of 6500 and CPL inventory via the physical entity table
(entityPhysicalTable) in the ENTITY-MIB (RFC 2737)
— retrieval through get and getnext operations on entire rows (all column
objects) or partial rows (subset of all column objects) of the entity table
— each row contains information describing a distinct piece of inventory:
– 6500 or CPL circuit packs physically inserted in the slot of a 6500
or CPL shelf
– 6500 or CPL pluggable [small form-factor pluggable (SFP) /
DWDM pluggable optic (DPO) / large-form factor pluggable (XFP)]
in the pluggable carrier of a 6500 or CPL circuit pack
– CPL circuit pack in the slot of a CPL shelf
— the entityPhysicalTable is indexed by inventory instance number which
is an encoding of the shelf, slot and port where the inventory is located
in the 6500 or CPL shelf. Refer to “Shelf wide index schemes -
Common Photonic Layer” on page 1-46 and “Shelf wide index
schemes - 6500 Packet-Optical Platform” on page 1-48.
— a row is added when a piece of inventory is added to a 6500 or CPL
— a row is removed when a piece of inventory is removed from a 6500
• notification of a 6500 or CPL shelf inventory addition and removal via the
entity configuration change trap (entConfigChange) of the ENTITY-MIB
— a trap is generated when a piece of inventory is either added to or
removed from a 6500 or CPL shelf and when it provisioned or deleted
Refer to “Provisioned equipment and circuit pack inventory retrieval” on
page 1-44 for more details.
• retrieval of 6500 and CPL data interfaces via the interface table (ifTable)
in the IF-MIB (RFC 2863)
• the ifTable is indexed by interface number which is an encoding of the slot,
port and interface type where the interface is located in the 6500 or CPL
shelf. Refer to “Shelf wide index schemes - Common Photonic Layer” on
page 1-46 and “Shelf wide index schemes - 6500 Packet-Optical Platform”
on page 1-48 for more details.
• notification of 6500 and CPL data interfaces status change via
— the linkUp trap of the IF-MIB for change in ifOperStatus from the down
— linkDown trap of IF-MIB for change in ifOperStatus to the down state
• retrieval of some operational measurements for the data interfaces
Refer to “Facility retrieval” on page 1-44 for more details.
If you need a further information or more details about the IF-MIB operation you can get from 323-1851-740_(6500_CPL_R10.1_SNMP)_Issue1.pdf
Hi Raul, I just wanted to check in and see if you have any additional questions. I'm going to mark Leonardo's response as correct, but you're welcome to continue asking additional questions on this topic.
Retrieving data ...