Ciena experts and execs recently shared their 9 predictions for networks and tech in 2017 on Network Insights:
- Get ready for the "Orchestration of Things"
- The openness movement will further penetrate submarine networking (Brian Lavallee)
- The self-driving, autonomous network finally comes of age
- 400G deployments will begin with a focus on DCI (Helen Xenos)
- Network encryption goes mainstream
- DevOps adoption brings competitive edge (Tim Pearson)
- 5G wireless will be seriously considered as an alternative to fiber access (Brian Lavallee)
- The Internet of Things will open new opportunities for carriers
- How about some New Year's resolutions as well
- [Your prediction here]
What is your prediction for networks and tech in 2017 to round the list out to 10?
Share your prediction by posting a comment below and you'll earn the 2017 Networks and Tech Prediction badge.