AnsweredAssumed Answered

2 X 10 Gig card (model ntk530pge5) drops both circuits when I remove input signal from only one circuit.

Question asked by seano on Apr 27, 2018
Latest reply on May 17, 2018 by seano

I have 3 Ciena 6500's connected in a ring. They have varying cards in them but, I have an issue when I try to move one circuit from the 2 X 10 Gig card (model ntk530pge5). On this card are two circuits and when I remove the LC connection from the CPE side of one circuit, both circuits drop.

Backgroud:

Location A has two circuits on one of the 2 X 10 Gig cards as does Location B.

Location A has Circuit 1 and circuit 2 while location B has Circuit 1 and Circuit 3.

Circuit 1 is a direct connection between location A and B.

Circuit 2 is a direct connection between location A and C.

Circuit 3 is a direct connection from location B to location A. (Terminates on different CPE equipment than circuit 1)

When I pull circuit 1 from the CPE at location A, circuit 1 and circuit 2 drop. (Circuit 1 and 2 are on the same card)

When I pull circuit 1 from the CPE at location B, circuit 1 and circuit 3 drop. (Circuit 1 and 3 are on the same card)

When I pull circuit 2 from the CPE at location A, only circuit 2 drops.

When I pull circuit 3 from the CPE at location A, only circuit 3 drops.

When I pull circuit 2 from the CPE at location C, only circuit 2 drops.

When I pull circuit 3 from the CPE at location B, only circuit 3 drops.

The only time I lose 2 circuits at the same time is when I pull circuit 1 from the CPE at either location (A or B).

Circuit 1 is terminated on Cisco Nexus 5K's at each end.

Circuit 2 is terminated on Cisco 4500's at Location A and Location C.

Circuit 3 is terminated on Cisco 6500's at Location A and Cisco 4500's at Location B.

My carrier is telling me that I am somehow bonding circuit 1 to circuit 2 at location A and bonding circuit 1 and circuit 3 at location B. It is physically and logically impossible to do this. They have even suggested that I have crossed my TX and RX on those circuits and somehow have passed the light between the different equipment on an Ethernet Management circuit to tie them together.

The only common factor is the 2 X 10 Gig card in the Ciena 6500 at location A and location B.

Does anyone know how, if possible that ports on a 2 X 10 Gig card (model ntk530pge5) can be configured in a Ciena to operate off of the same input signal so that if one circuit is pulled both would drop? Is it possible to tie them together in the timing setup or something like that?

Sorry for the long question, this is just bothering me because from my perspective the only common piece of hardware is the Ciena and the fact that the circuits in question reside on the same physical card at both locations has me wondering.

Thank you,
Sean

Outcomes