why after adding new channel in submarie system with WSS and CMD44 we have IS-ANR in CCD44 OPTMON? 100G service in this channel is working without any errors.
Hi Igor, I've moved and am sharing your question with members of our 6500 forum. I'll continue to monitor your question and get in touch with other users and Ciena SMEs to help troubleshoot. If you have any updates in the meantime, please let us know on this thread.
IS-ANR indicates In-service - abnormal; failure exists but entity is still capable of performing some of its provisioned functions (that is partial failure).
1. How many channels activated in submarine system ?
2. How many OCLD's installed and connected to CMD44 ?
3. The output of CMD44 (Port 89,90 ) connected to WSS Input ( Port19,20) . What is design/baseline input power value provided by vendor in Signal Flow Diagram ?
5. Compare the WSS Input port baseline power value with current power at WSS input port.
6. Connect OSA , check power levels of individual channels, Q-Values, OSNR , Total Output power ?
Hello Abdul. thanks for your answer.
We had 5 100Gs and just added 4 new following Submarine Networking Application Guide V12.0
With all old channels everything is fine, but with new ones we detected this issue IN-ANR in CMD44 in OPTMON and Monitor in Secondary state like on all other free ports.
All Qs are as planned , target powers and etc. 24H BER test is passed for all new 4 channels.
I'm a little bit new with Ciena and cant found any baseline or threshold configuration for separate channels or CMD port.
As I understand, in total now 5x100Gs + 4x100Gs = 900Gs..
1. What are the settings at the CMD-44:• Edit the ADJ-TX• Expected Far End address Format:• Insert correct far end address• Transmiter type:• Active: • Paired Rx:• Modulation:• Auto Discovered:• Express Delete: • Sync Provisioned:
2. What type of Modulation scheme you use ? Is it 100GWL3BPSK ?
3. Have you captured Total O/P power & Total Rx Power before and after channel addition by connecting OSA ?
4. Kindly check Prefec signal degrade and Prefec signal fail set value ?
5. My strong recommendation is : Capture the existing TX spectrum, Record the OSA shots
6. After capturing OSA shots , compare the results with Old channels ( O/P Power of Individual channels , Total Output Power, Q Value/ BER results etc )..
We already checked this and I send TT to Ciena support
Thank you for the update Igor, glad to hear you're working with technical support to troubleshoot and resolve it. We'd love to hear how you end up resolving the issue, so please keep us updated.
Thank you ABDUL for your help troubleshooting too!
We would love to hear from you once the issue is resolved...You can shout in this forum, if you need any support..Would love to support the best of our knowledge..
Retrieving data ...