Welcome back from the weekend! For today's fun fact, I learned that on September 12, 1940, the Lascaux cave paintings were discovered near Montignac, France. As the artwork is between 15,000 and 17,000 years old, it's a fascinating look at how past civilizations communicated. So, one could argue the Ciena Community is carrying on the traditions of our ancestors (in a way?). What do you think?
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Loukmane BahYari, rob bramall, David Claiborne, Michael Clark, Damon Ennis, Ricardo Ramirez Lozano, Dan Lubanga, Dave Olsen, Bo Rothwell, Erich Stick,Gilles Tondini, Herbert Trainor and Bhuvan Vengainathan
Have you seen the newest video in 6500 Packet-Optical Platform? Check out Troubleshooting Ciena PinPoint, and Ciena helps Telstra Test High-Speed Optical Encryption posted by Helen Xenos. We're working to get more videos in the community, but let us know what you think!
Also, please remember that when you ask a question, and a person offers a correct reply, make sure to mark that reply as "correct" or "helpful". As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- More new members have posted in the Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? People are sharing their Ciena stories. Share your experiences here.
- Roberto Mendoza asks about Site Manager software and gets a quick reply by Helen Xenos in the Site Manager Software for 6500 Packet-Optical Platform thread. Read the answer here.
- A question from Brett Newman regardingNetwork Diagramming has popped up in our popular content list. Anything you wish to share? Reply to the thread here.
- A tip from Nitin Kalra on theSecret of VC Statistics Tx/Rx counters. Want to learn more? Check it out here.
- Want to hear from Ciena engineers how to calculate conform bursts and extended bursts are calculated? Follow this link and learn how -When configuring traffic profiling, what formula do you use to calculate PIR, CBS,and EBS?
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question regarding AC battery backup for Ciena 5142 switch from Loukmane BahYari . Respond here if you have any information.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about uploading your profile image and avatar for the community. Your photo is a great way for people to “meet” and recognize you in person. You can upload up to five photos that people can see when they visit your profile. While, your avatar lets community members quickly associate your comments and status updates with a simple visual cue.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.