Hello fellow community members! Hope everyone had a refreshing and relaxing weekend. There are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Michael Alack, Gordon Armstrong, Troy Buckelew, Luc Charbonneau, robert easter, John Ellis, Ekrem Erdem, Cody Fant, mike galliano, Philip Gillette, chew aun jie, James Johnson, Aubrey Jones, Janice Lecias, Jon Livingston, Varun Markande, Michael Redstone, Patrick Richardson, Jose Rodart, David Shivers, Patrick Thomas, Todd Thompson and Mark Wheeler
We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
Since our soft launch in mid-May, we've hit 95,000 page views in our growing community, which is great news! We're glad that our members are coming back again and again to ask questions, share knowledge and learn more about their peers and Ciena. Let's keep it going!
Have you marked a reply as "correct" or "helpful," lately? As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found.The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- A question from Jeremy Johnson on Looking for a document with approved optics for the Z33 platform. Thanks as always to Helen Xenos for answering. Read the responses here.
- With some more new members this week, the Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics popped back up to the top of our list this week - looks like people are exploring our Community! Head over here if you want to find more forums in which to participate.
- Jitendra Sharma shares his knowledge in the Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations. Learn more in the discussion thread here.
- More people are introducing themselves in the Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? . Meet more community members by reading the thread here
- A question from Govind Narayan Rathore regarding How to set Actual Cooling Capacity to High Flow from Low Flow in Ciena 6500 14 Slot node that have XC 1200G Pkt/OTN type 2 ckt pack, Will it cause Provisioning Incompitable to XC card was answered correctly by Helen Xenos. See how she responded here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by Eric Martel about Multiple nodes in LOA state in R-M6K. Have any ideas? Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is to read the Ciena Community's rules of engagement. Every community has a culture and we feel pretty strongly about the behavior and activities we encourage and those we discourage in ours. Our community guidelines are a direct reflection of our core values: Customer first. Integrity. Velocity. Innovation. Outstanding people.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.