Hello fellow community members, and welcome back from the weekend! There's only one more week before Halloween here in the US, and I'm ready to get my candy on! That being said, there are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet Luc Aelen, Mohammad Alshaikh, Rajeshkumar Balasubramani, Rolen Cardona, Austin Carr, Sharon Clinkenbeard, ranjan elangbam, Donald Galindo, Kevin Henao, Jeffry Hopkins, Jason Manacher, Hai Nguyen, Jenny Ramos, mike richard, and Kaisa Rodriguez. We're glad you're all here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
There has definitely been an uptick in questions lately which is great to see! Don't forget to mark a reply as "correct" or "helpful." As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found.The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- For the 2nd week in a row, Jitendra Sharma's post on Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput got the most views. Learn more in this thread here as Jitendra shares his knowledge on maximum throughput for Q-in-Q service.
- Stacey Conliffe's post shared how Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course. To get more information, head to the post here.
- This Micro Nugget: How Ciena packet device detects tagged frame on UNI from Nitin Kalra popped back into the lineup. For more tips or to add yours, see this post.
- It was a team effort between Timothy Smith and Ciena's Helen Xenos to help Mike Keim in I am having issues installing the latest ver. of Site manager and One Control on my PC. I'm running windows 10. What are the limitations (if any), and how can I get these two programs to load successfully? Join the conversation or add your comments in the post here.
- New member Mohammad Alshaikh asked about packet drops in I recently face an issue with VC3 rate service over SDH OME6130/6500, when the customer sent stream above 37 Mbps, they get CC errors which means there is a packet drop ! how can isolate the issue as it occurs above 37 rate of VC3? Can you help? Offer your suggestions here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by Barb Sinnott about 1C stuck in NE data synchronizing . Can you help? Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about the different content types in the Ciena Community, and when to use them. There are many different types of content within the Ciena Community and it is very important to choose the correct content type when collaborating.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.