Hello fellow community members! Hopefully, everyone had a safe and restful weekend. Here in the US we are gearing up for the annual feast that is Thanksgiving. Personally, I can't wait to indulge! That being said, there are a couple of news tidbits to share below, so let's get started.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Meet eric breitfeller, Donald Cox, Adam Dunstan, Gabriel Motta, Udaya Nagandla Anil Purohit Craig Whetstone . We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
There has definitely been an uptick in questions lately which is great to see! Don't forget to mark a reply as "correct" or "helpful." As more information is shared in the community, we want to make sure the correct information is easily found. The "Mark as Helpful" or "Mark as Correct" features are, well, helpful for this.
Learn how you can complete the Ready. Set. Go quest in: Ciena Community Rewards: A Guide to Actions, Missions, Quests and Levels. You can also find a tip on one action under Community Tips below.
Drum roll, please! Our most popular content for last week was:
- The top post this week was from Stacey Conliffe about Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course. She shared how it's a part of Ciena's Open Curriculum online library. Learn more in this post.
- Thanks go out to Helen Xenos for answering the question about Which 6500 shelf configurations are considered Packet Optical Transport System (POTS) shelves as they support the packet Optical Transport Network (OTN) fabrics?? and what are the variety of cross connections 6500 supports? from Subham Agrawal
- The post from Jitendra Sharma about Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations moved up on our list. Read more here.
- With new members visiting the community, the post from Heather Ausmus on Introduce yourself: What Ciena products do you use? came back into the list. Share your stories in the post here.
- This question from Rajeshkumar Balasubramani regarding what is exact purpose of the Wayside channel in the OSC circuit pack? received a lot of attention this week. Share your thoughts and learn the answers here.
We have an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team: There's a question by ranjan elangbam on How do we write Service Template as a part of RP? Can you help? Share your knowledge here.
Visit these forums to ask your product questions or to collaborate and learn with your peers:
- 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- 8700 Packetwave Platform
- 3000 Service Delivery Switch Family
- 5000 Service Aggregation Switch Family
This week's tip is about bookmarking content in the Ciena Community. When you see a piece of content, such as a document or an answered question, that you know you’ll want to use later, you can bookmark it. Bookmarking adds a link to that content in your list of bookmarks.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.