Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and for those in the US, enjoyed time celebrating what they're thankful for with friends and family over the Thanksgiving weekend. Here's an update on what happened last week, just in case you missed it.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Welcome: Abdul Wahab Ameth, Avinash Badial, Chandra Anujan, Evan Nelson, Jeff Mason, Jeffry Hutton, Matthew Mazzarella, Michael Pauken, Mohammed Zuhair, Mulalo Mulovhedzi, Pak Hung Tang, Petr Mitrofanov, Prabakaran Natarajan, Rakesh Bodar, Simon Andrews, Subrata Poddar, Thao Tran and Todd Caldwell.
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
- Have you signed up for 6500 training yet? Learn more and find steps on how you can sign up at Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course.
- Check out the Optical Networks: Evaluating Your Options in an Open World webinar. Get an overview of different architectures and approaches of next-generation optical network design including open ROADM, open line systems, open APIs, and fully integrated and converged packet-optical platforms.
Drum roll, please! Here are last week’s most viewed blogs, resources, discussions and questions from the around the community:
- Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course: Learn from Stacey Conliffe how you can get the most out of your 6500 with an overview of the basics (shelves, circuit packs, topologies and much more). Learn how to sign up.
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums: A quick guide to all of the forums in the Ciena Community to help you find where to ask questions, connect with peers and learn from product experts. Find your forum and follow it.
- TE SubCom & Ciena Team on Open Subsea Networks: In this question, Abdul Ravoof asks about the recent TE SubCom and Ciena Partner to Deliver Enhanced Open Submarine Cable Networks announcement. Learn more about the announcement and join the conversation.
- Secret of VC Statistics Tx/Rx counters: Check out this troubleshooting tip from Nitin Kalra to learn more, ask questions and bookmark it for future reference.
- Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations: A Packet Networking resource from Jitendra Sharma to help you better understand packet rate, throughput and bandwidth calculations on Ethernet links related to testing. Check it out and share your feedback and questions.
We have the opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team in the following open questions:
- How to initialize 6500 node database?: Junshan Li is looking to use a command line or site manager to restore the node to factory setting in one go vs. deleting all services. Can you help?
- eAccess ENNI config: Can you help configure a 6x device to an ENNI in an eAccess circuit? Join the conversation to share your experiences.
Have questions? Here are few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Have you learned some tips and tricks while using Ciena hardware and software? The Ciena Community and discussions are a great way to share your tips and best practices with peers to help them find a solution to a problem and increase their knowledge. Steps on how to create a discussion can be found in this community resource: How to Share Your Tips & Best Practices. Check out some of the tips and best practices recently shared:
- Secret of VC Statistics Tx/Rx counters
- Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations
- tcpdump from the diag shell
- MPLS RSVP-TE Shared Explicit (SE) Reservation Style and Make-Before-Break (MBB)
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. Have a great week and keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.