Happy Monday!! Here is your overview of what happened in the community last week, just in cased you missed it. In addition, a welcome and shout out to our newest members... welcome!
But before we get started... there is one day this week I'm looking forward to and it's right up there with National Donut Day in June as best days in the year. This Thursday, December 15th is National Cupcake Day, so it's a perfect day to treat yourself and those around you.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Welcome: Jesus Casado, Wendell Clements, Guillaume Delaunay, Ray DeLorenzo, Lionel Goarzin, Chris Green, Nancy Gulick, Janine Halvorsen, Philippe Lepine, Jamie Ma, Guðvarður Ólafsson, Mohamed Oughrom, Doug Parker, Satish Pulimi, Frank Rosquin, Roland Silva, Jesse Van Leemputte and John Vars.
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
- Find Best Practice Advice for Deploying SDN and NFV from our resident Carrier Ethernet expert, John Hawkins.
- Learn more about the 3 Key Research Trends Poised to Change Our Lives.
- As we think of our personal and professional goals for the new year, check out and sign up for 6500 Product Overview training course to refine and refresh your knowledge.
We have the opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team in the following open questions:
- 6.X G.8032 inter-operability with Cisco IOS: Austin is asking if anyone has experience with Ciena nodes and Cisco nodes. Can you help?
Have questions? Here are few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Drum roll, please! Here are last week’s most viewed blogs, resources, discussions and questions from the around the community:
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums: A quick guide to all of the forums in the Ciena Community to help you find where to ask questions, connect with peers and learn from product experts. Find your forum and follow it.
- Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course: Learn how you can get the most out of your 6500 with an overview of the basics (shelves, circuit packs, topologies and much more). Learn how to sign up.
- Ethernet loopback cabling: Check out this active thread to learn about creating an Ethernet loopback cable for 1Gig (rg45) ports on a 5140 or 5150. Check it out.
- How to initialize 6500 node database?: Junshan was looking to use a command line or site manager to restore the node to factory setting in one go vs. deleting all services. Check out the thread to join the conversation or find the answer.
- Secret of VC Statistics Tx/Rx counters: Check out this troubleshooting tip from Nitin to learn more, ask questions and bookmark it for future reference.
Claiming your profile is the first step in becoming a member of the Ciena Community, but the following resources will help you set up and complete your profile to put a face with a name and communicate your professional and personal experiences:
- Setting Up Your Profile
- Uploading or Choosing an Avatar
- Feature Your Skills and Expertise on Your Profile
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. I hope you have a great week. Keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at email@example.com.