I found this phrase online over the weekend and wanted to pass it along and wish you all: 12 months of happiness, 52 weeks of fun, 365 days of laughter, 8,760 hours of good luck, 525,600 minutes of joy and 31,536,000 seconds of success in 2017. Happy New Year!!
I'm not sure about you, but a new year usually means new goals. So, what is your professional resolution(s) for the new year? Finish this statement by posting a comment with your resolution(s) to share yours:
I hereby declare my 2017 New Year’s Resolutions to: ___________.
Now, here's a breakdown of happenings across the community to keep you in the know.
Hello and welcome to the newest members of our community! Welcome: Shakeel Ahmed, Zion Alfia, Sameh Awad, Russel Baumgartner, Tim Blondin, Steven Bosworth, Javier Bourassa, Andrew Bucko, Darcy Buskermolen, Elliott Castillo, Renzo Diaz, Tony Ellis, Kevin Fitzpatrick, Yogesh Goldenwalla, Steven Hall, Benjamin Jacobs, Yigal Korolevski, Naveena M, Keith Mansbridge, Dannie Mayor, Loic Milliot, Pedro Montero, Rachael Nelson, Thinh Nghiem, Douglas Ryda, Carl Rydstrom, Akshey Sar, Chris Stanfield, Yuval Stein, Maxime Turcotte, Mark Welch, and Lex Wils.
We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing from you! We'd love to learn more about you and your role and invite you to say hello.
- The Biggest News from a Big Year at Ciena: The introduction of 6500 T-Series, unveiling of the new Blue Planet DevOps Toolkit and introduction of Wavelogic Ai are just a few of the top moments at Ciena in 2016. Check out all six moments.
- Our 9 Best Pictures from 2016: Did you know that all of the pictures used within the community are from members of the global Ciena team? Yep, it's true! In this post on Network Insights, check out the top nine best pictures shared on on Ciena's Facebook and, new, Instagram. Then, don't forget to follow us on Instagram for more pictures throughout the year.
- Our Gift To You: Ciena's Ultimate eBook Holiday Bundle is Here: Just in time for the holidays, we've made our three most popular technology eBooks available for download, and added two new reference guides, all in one bundle. Learn more or download, here, before it is too late.
- New Fiber Optics Fundamentals Course Available: Sign up for the new Fiber Optics Fundamentals course and get up to speed on telecom basics. Learn more from Rob Gnaedinger in New Fiber Optics Fundamentals Course Gets You Up to Speed on Telecoms.
- New Blue Planet DevOps Toolkit Release: A new version of the Blue Planet DevOps Toolkit was released last week. Check out what's new in the Release Notes. Not a member? Learn more about Blue Planet.
We have the opportunity for you to share your knowledge and expertise and collaborate with peers and members of the Ciena team in the following open questions:
- OTN GCC0 bytes configuration in Ciena 6500
- 6.X G.8032 inter-operability with Cisco IOS
- Why aren't the 3931 6.15.00.xxx cofig changes for traffic-services for "dot1dpri-cos 1-2" and "dot1dpri-cos 3-5" taking place?
- How do I get NCP communications up on a CoreStream?
Have questions? Here are few featured topics to start asking and collaborating:
Find all topics in: Guide to Ciena Community Forums and Topics.
Drum roll, please! Here are last week’s most viewed blogs, resources, discussions and questions from the around the community:
- Guide to Ciena Community Forums: A quick guide to all of the forums in the Ciena Community to help you find where to ask questions, connect with peers and learn from product experts. Find your forum and follow it.
- Ciena Offers FREE 6500 Packet-Optical Platform Course: Learn how you can get the most out of your 6500 with an overview of the basics (shelves, circuit packs, topologies and much more). Learn how to sign up.
- what is the part number and description for 1611nm sfp: A recent question in the Optical Transport forum that one of our SMEs, John Kutas, helped answer. Check it out to learn more or go to Optical Transport to ask your question(s).
- 3930 Vlan configuration guide: New to Ciena switches? This is a great thread from a new member getting to know Ciena switches and getting help from the community. See how the community helped a member create a vlan and add an IP address to a 3930.
- Ethernet Packet Rate and Throughput Calculations: A Packet Networking resource form Jitendra to help you better understand packet rate, throughput and bandwidth calculations on Ethernet links related to testing. Check it out and share your feedback and questions.
Learn the basics of engaging in the Ciena Community in our Rules of Engagement. We request that all Ciena Community members follow these guidelines to help us guarantee that the community remains, and matures into, a place where we can all trust to ask, share, develop and connect together. Check out our Rules of Engagement.
That’s it for this Ciena Community Happenings post this week. I hope you have a great week and... keep networking!
Have comments, ideas or suggestions for our weekly post (including a fun fact)? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.